What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Feedback about latest website design

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Poll: What do you think of the design?
Awful
Neutral
I like it
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Feedback about latest website design
Author: Message:
traxor

traxor_v2

RE: Feedback about latest website design
quote:
Originally posted by Fike
And the script database... UGH. tables. So last century xD. Seriously, Yuna, what's the point in having a kick-ass messenger extension without a kick-ass website? The last website was perfect, you ruined it.

I wouldn't say it was perfect, but it was fifty times better than the current site. Not only is the current site ugly and poorly coded, but it's difficult to use, clunky and has had no thought put to the information architecture. It makes me angry every time I look at it.
03-28-2011 07:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
twigboy

im dirty

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Feedback about latest website design
quote:
Originally posted by Talk2Luke
If this is the best quality work they can produce, I dread to think what Messenger Plus! will be like in twelve months time.
That was my thought when I saw the site. "Good god, this project is doomed."

quote:
And the script database... UGH. tables.
Wow, those tables look terribad. =\

I didn't even bother going to any other pages other than the homepage and forums. I felt like I had done enough bashing.

Wasn't going to reply to this thread anymore but after quickly looking at the scripts listing page:

- Icon on the left is always the same but may or may not display a screenshot
- Took a while to realise how to VIEW the script information (the title wasn't linked, the icon displayed a screenshot, the icon was far on the right and icon wasn't eye catching against the light background)
- I had a quick chuckle when I saw the "Add my contribution" icon was underlined.
- The filtering form is what you'd expect from a dev quickly putting something together to see if it works before passing it over for styling. (I do web dev for a living, I'd know)

Small things like that make me feel this site was created by a novice and completely rushed.
You can see my little side ventures at
http://www.thatawesomeshirt.com and http://twigstechtips.blogspot.com =)
03-28-2011 11:08 PM
traxor

traxor_v2

quote:
Originally posted by twigboy
Small things like that make me feel this site was created by a novice and completely rushed.

Exactly. It seems like it's been done by someone who has a small amount of knowledge of building websites.
03-29-2011 06:54 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Feedback about latest website design
quote:
quote:
And the script database... UGH. tables. So last century xD. Seriously, Yuna, what's the point in having a kick-ass messenger extension without a kick-ass website? The last website was perfect, you ruined it.

I wouldn't say it was perfect, but it was fifty times better than the current site. Not only is the current site ugly and poorly coded, but it's difficult to use, clunky and has had no thought put to the information architecture. It makes me angry every time I look at it.

Not perfect, but it was slick and would have made people thought, "WHOAH! This looks awesome! I'm gonna download it!". Whereas now I would categorize it as a slightly dubious looking site.
04-02-2011 06:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not perfect, but it was slick and would have made people thought, "WHOAH! This looks awesome! I'm gonna download it!". Whereas now I would categorize it as a slightly dubious looking site.

Well, I don't really agree to the strong opinions about the website nor am I able to form a professional opinion.

However, here's a post I made a while ago before I realized that it was a legit site:

Arcticwolfx's reply to Messenger Plus! 5 information

This post was edited on 04-02-2011 at 09:29 PM by Arcticwolfx.
04-02-2011 09:29 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, I don't really agree to the strong opinions about the website nor am I able to form a professional opinion.

However, here's a post I made a while ago before I realized that it was a legit site:

Arcticwolfx's reply to Messenger Plus! 5 information

wow, i think that sums it up really well. The fact that someone can think it's a fake site is the proof that they should really improve it. Get working, kimhari software :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
04-02-2011 09:45 PM
twigboy

im dirty

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Feedback about latest website design
lol the domain doesn't seem to work for me anymore
but i saw these screenshots

[Image: 5303498196_2c6119f79a.jpg]
from here.

[Image: 00.JPG]
from here.
You can see my little side ventures at
http://www.thatawesomeshirt.com and http://twigstechtips.blogspot.com =)
04-02-2011 10:45 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by twigboy
lol the domain doesn't seem to work for me anymore
but i saw these screenshots

[Image: 5303498196_2c6119f79a.jpg]
from here.

[Image: 00.JPG]
from here.

That's the beta site, the new one is a bit better (but still terrible imho :P)

see www.msgplus.net
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
04-02-2011 10:55 PM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
I'm sorry Yuna, but I completely agree with twigboy and what the... at the download icon in the skins/scripts db and this:

[Image: 2881etl.png]

Seriously, I know it is hard to design something we all like, but almost everybody hates the new site...=/

This post was edited on 04-03-2011 at 02:05 AM by robert_dll.
04-03-2011 02:05 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
Sometimes I feel like Yuna is using some sort of crappy WYSIWYG editor to create the design. If so, please Yuna, learn HMTL and CSS. And Javascript too, add some cool jquery in :)
04-03-2011 12:16 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: