What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » WLNameEditor

WLNameEditor
Author: Message:
Shereen-Isobell.x

O.P. WLNameEditor
I have downloaded WLNameEditor, and it won't work. I have made sure in preferences it is running, i have even uninstalled and downloaded the script again but it just wont work. I have the latest versions of both messenger and plus, can anyone help?
03-27-2011 10:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: WLNameEditor
Hi Shereen-Isobell.x

It seems that WLNameEditor hasn't been updated in a while. It says in the description: Last update: 6/6/2009.

On top of that, Windows Live Messenger 2011 does no longer support nicknames, but only displays your real name displayed in your Profile.

In order to have a "nickname" anyway, you could edit your Real Name in your profile settings. Note that this still doesn't allow Color tags and smileys.

Ps.: Please don't post the same post on multiple threads.

This post was edited on 03-27-2011 at 11:04 PM by Arcticwolfx.
03-27-2011 11:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Shereen-Isobell.x

O.P. RE: WLNameEditor
Thank you that has solved my problem, do you know or do you think there will be a WLNameEditor that will be compatable with the new version of msn eventually?
03-27-2011 11:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: WLNameEditor
quote:
Originally posted by Shereen-Isobell.x
Thank you that has solved my problem, do you know or do you think there will be a WLNameEditor that will be compatable with the new version of msn eventually?

I think we will have to wait until a new version of Windows Live Messenger comes out that enables the use of nicknames again as it used to. Then, you'll see that Messenger Plus! and it's volunteering scriptwriters will focus on functionality with nicknames again.
03-27-2011 11:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: