What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger plus warning from the maintence center..

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Messenger plus warning from the maintence center..
Author: Message:
luckie70

53 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger plus warning from the maintence center..
Hi!

I got twice an warning from the maintence center that there is an update for Messenger Plus, but there's nothing on the webside....

Grtzzzzz ( I'm sorry, it's in Dutch)

Messenger Plus! Live werkt niet meer naar behoren.

Patchou heeft een nieuwere versie van Messenger Plus! Live uitgebracht waarmee het door u ondervonden probleem wordt opgelost.

Klik hier om naar de website van Patchou te gaan voor update-instructies
Aanvullende informatie

Wij bevelen u aan contact op te nemen met Patchou voor meer informatie over de meest recente versie van Messenger Plus! Live, en voor ondersteuning als dit probleem blijft optreden nadat u de nieuwste versie hebt geïnstalleerd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post was edited on 03-25-2011 at 08:22 PM by luckie70.
03-25-2011 08:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger plus warning from the maintence center..
What website are you talking about? What is the URL?

Please always provide full details when seeking help.
Your first posts in that other thread didn't mention the exact error message either, and now you forgot to mention what Windows you use (according to your other post it is Windows 7)

It is also always a good idea to state what exact and complete version you're using of Windows Live Messenger and of Messenger Plus! though.

Anyways, note that the official website is http://www.msgplus.net/ (and the old link should redirect to that too anyway). You can download the latest version from there.

-------

But please do not make duplicated posts anymore like that. Your previous posts were off topic and split to their own thread. So there was no need to make yet another new thread or to reply in that other thread.

;)

This post was edited on 03-25-2011 at 09:14 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-25-2011 09:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Windows Maintainance Center is never going to warn you about an update of Messenger Plus! because Messenger Plus! is not made by Microsoft, nor has it anything to do with it.
Actually, it will in some cases. I think it is connected to Plus! subscribing to error report data data from Microsoft and all. Not sure where, but I have seen it before. Long story short: download the latest Messenger Plus! version, that should solve it.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-25-2011 09:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
grmbl at thread/post mess.... This is what you get when you make duplicated posts in different threads

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Windows Maintainance Center is never going to warn you about an update of Messenger Plus! because Messenger Plus! is not made by Microsoft, nor has it anything to do with it.
Actually, it will in some cases. I think it is connected to Plus! subscribing to error report data data from Microsoft and all. Not sure where, but I have seen it before.
Yah, I'd figured after posting in that other thread and after reading his new post with the exact message here....

But it would still be interesting then to have a screenshot and to know what that mystery URL is which doesn't contain anything....
And to know how he got that error.

This post was edited on 03-25-2011 at 09:16 PM by CookieRevised.
03-25-2011 09:09 PM
luckie70

53 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger plus warning from the maintence center..
the reason that i posted here again is that the other was deleted..

Yes, i'm using win 7 and this is the second time i got the warning, i have the latest version and that's the reason for my question...

When i click on the line to solve the problem, i will be directed to this webside.

There's a little flag in my bar and there is the warning coming from.
03-25-2011 09:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by luckie70
the reason that i posted here again is that the other was deleted..
Nope it was not deleted. Like I said in my reply to that first post of yours, it got split. And I also said the same thing and linked again to those split posts in my first reply in this thread.

quote:
I have the latest version and that's the reason for my question...
Can you please provide the exact and complete version number just as I asked before? You can see the version number in the setup of Plus!, just above or just under the title image on the first screen.

quote:
i will be directed to this webside.
Again, as asked before, can you please provide the exact and complete URL?

This post was edited on 03-25-2011 at 11:48 PM by CookieRevised.
03-25-2011 11:47 PM
luckie70

53 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger plus warning from the maintence center..
Sorry...

When i get the warning again i'll pm you.

Grtzz

This post was edited on 03-26-2011 at 07:58 AM by luckie70.
03-26-2011 07:57 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
cool....

But, now you say "When i get it again"... Does that mean that Plus! sometimes does work?

Also, in the mean time can you state the complete and exact version number of Messenger Plus! you tried to install? You can see the version number in the setup of Plus!, just above or just under the title image on the first screen.

--------

EDIT:
quote:
Today at 09:04, luckie70 wrote in PM:
I can't copy the line...

http://www.msgplus.net/Home?aspxerrorpath=/crash/

This is what i'll get when i click.
Judging from that I'd say the link originally pointed to http://www.msgpluslive.com/crash.

However, that is not "nothing on the website" like you said before. The link redirects you to the official site where you can see a big download button for the new Plus! version.

Nor is it "this website" like you also said before. Posting "this website" without any more clarification means you refer to the these forums.

quote:
It's 5.01.0.760.
What is? The version you already got installed and which produced this error message, or the new version you have downloaded when you tried to fix the problem? I assume you mean the former, correct?

---

luckie70, with all respect, but can you please be more specific and accurate in your replies and answer the questions in detail! It is very annoying to constantly need to ask the same questions and to ask for more clarification.

This post was edited on 03-26-2011 at 08:27 AM by CookieRevised.
03-26-2011 08:00 AM
luckie70

53 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger plus warning from the maintence center..
quote:
quote:
cool....

But, now you say "When i get it again"... Does that mean that Plus! sometimes does work?

Also, in the mean time can you state the complete and exact version number of Messenger Plus! you tried to install? You can see the version number in the setup of Plus!, just above or just under the title image on the first screen.

--------

EDIT:
quote:
I can't copy the line...

http://www.msgplus.net/Home?aspxerrorpath=/crash/

This is what i'll get when i click.
Judging from that I'd say the link originally pointed to http://www.msgpluslive.com/crash.

However, that is not "nothing on the website" like you said before. The link redirects you to the official site where you can see a big download button for the new Plus! version.

Nor is it "this website" like you also said before. Posting "this website" without any more clarification means you refer to the these forums.

quote:
It's 5.01.0.760.
What is? The version you already got installed and which produced this error message, or the new version you have downloaded when you tried to fix the problem? I assume you mean the former, correct?

---

luckie70, with all respect, but can you please be more specific and accurate in your replies and answer the questions in detail! It is very annoying to constantly need to ask the same questions and to ask for more clarification.

I'm sorry that i have not giving you the right answers...

Plus is functioning fine, 5.01.0.760. is the version of plus.

I get the warning when i startup my pc, and there is a link in the warning.  When i click the link i go to http://www.msgpluslive.com/crash and yes i come on plus site where i can download plus. But i have that version allready....

That's the reason why asked the question here..... And i don't understand how win7 knows there is a new version of plus, wich isn't..

I hope this is enough information.

Luckie
03-27-2011 09:20 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Ah, thank you for the extra info (y).

Only thing missing is the complete and exact version of Windows Live Messenger and if you're using 32bit or 64 bit of Windows.

:p

Anyways, to answer your question/remark: Win7 doesn't really know there is a new version though. That error is just a 'standard' message you get when there is some kind of dodgy error (now the only question remains is _what_ exact error/bug - and I suspect that's a hard one to crack). So, the message wasn't especially made for this version though, it existed already long ago. Proof of that, for example, is that the message still speaks of 'Patchou' who isn't affiliated anymore with Plus! and that it links to the old domain msgpluslive.com.
03-27-2011 09:46 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: