What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services
by rights they should of put the info on there page a few days earlier
04-29-2011 02:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CyberMew

I think by 3 hours you meant 39 hours. And this should really be at the front news page instead of a dark corner here.
04-29-2011 06:37 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Find a better way to inform customers about this stuff.

Regards,
Everyone who cares.
quote:
Originally posted by Hank
quote:
Originally posted by CyberMew
And this should really be at the front news page instead of a dark corner here.

That announcement was also posted in the news section on the main site, a few days earlier (at the same time it was posted here).
Which is now replaced with the anouncement that everything should be ok again.

This post was edited on 04-29-2011 at 01:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-29-2011 12:05 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
should of been in Huge Headline on the frontpage Cooks, not on the news section.
04-29-2011 11:06 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
As far as I know, it's possible to push advertisements of contests and such through the plugin, through messenger. This kind of information should also be pushed that way; not everyone visits the website regularly. Posting here, although you did post on the website, is certainly not sufficient. PR 101.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
04-30-2011 03:50 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That announcement was also posted in the news section on the main site, a few days earlier (at the same time it was posted here).
As if anyone checked the news page :P i dunno, there must be a better way to let users know, it's not like you check the site every single day :p Maybe a toast of some sort, or maybe they can think of something better, but it certainly should not involve the user having to find the info by themselves.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
04-30-2011 04:14 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Discussing better ways was not the point of my post Chrono.
Nor have I said something in the line of "that is all they can do" or "there are no better ways". So, please don't pull my post out of context.

The point of my post was to set things strait in a polite and above all objective way without starting new (off topic) discussions and flames about who said what and why. To (once again) bring them (especially Hank) to their attention that Yuna actually did do everything 'by the book', aka like we are used to from the past. That is: they did exactly what Patchou has done in the past when an outage was expected and as such there is no reason to crap-talk in the way they did (yes, that is what it was) about how they fucked up again. Because Yuna did not fucked it up (this time).

If they wanted to discuss in a constructive way how such crucial info could be communicated even better, like for example you or Lou did, then I'm all for it and I will even gladly agree with that. However, what has been said prior to my first post here (especially by Hank) is not much more than the usual crap-talk and/or twisting the facts around, aka conveniently forgetting how things have been done in the past, just so they can bash on Yuna again just because it is Yuna.

So, with the good risk of starting huge discussions again, because that is apparently what some want, let me illustrate and explain in detail in a not so polite manner because apparently my previous reply wasn't sufficient:
quote:
good reason never to use online logging
Having an maintenance outage is NO reason at all to NOT use a service. In fact, maintenance for online services is crucial and a short outage because of that is, although very inconvenient, nothing abnormal either. This goes for ANY online service.
So, the reason for your statement: crap-talk because you saw the oppertunity.

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I certainly feel sorry for those users who do not visit the forums, don't know about this outage and also only have Online Logging enabled... say bye bye chat logs...
not crap-talk at all, but also doesn't completely paint the proper picture because that announcement was not just posted only on the forums. As for loosing the logs: they wont loose anything AFAIK. A message box is shown to the user with the choice to save their logs locally if they can't be uploaded. Although, imho, that whole system with that message box and how the logs are handled in that case could use some huge improvements too.

quote:
i dont think you'll find a lot will use online chat logging as its a Privacy problem and people tend to stay away from that
1) You do not have any data nor any idea on how many people use the online logging system.
2) The "privacy problem" you're talking about is a whole other discussion which hasn't got anything to do with the current outage announcement topic. On top of that, there is no real privacy problem if compared with all the other existing cloud services which provide similar functionality.
So this statement has again everything todo with simply taking the oppertunity to bad-mouth just because it is Yuna and nothing more.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CyberMew
And this should really be at the front news page instead of a dark corner here.
Both forget the fact that they did put it on "their page"/"news page" a "few days earlier".

----------------

So, again, my previous post was to set things strait from the misinformation and to go against the very obvious bad-mouthing from Hank, not to discuss additional methods to inform users of an outage.

This post was edited on 04-30-2011 at 11:07 AM by CookieRevised.
04-30-2011 06:27 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services
quote:
should of been in Huge Headline on the frontpage Cooks, not on the news section.
I wont argue about a frontpage headline though (would be very good), but it also should be on the news section with more info nevertheless (like they did).

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
As far as I know, it's possible to push advertisements of contests and such through the plugin, through messenger. This kind of information should also be pushed that way; not everyone visits the website regularly. Posting here, although you did post on the website, is certainly not sufficient. PR 101.
I like that idea.
However, AFAIK the contest advertisements and other such things are never 'pushed' on the user's screen automatically. That is: the user needs to click on an icon and/or activate such things themselfs.

So, even if they did use the existing ways, people would still miss it if they don't look for the information themselfs. And who is going to think to click on a game or an ad icon to check for such anouncements? In all likelyhood I think a user will go to a site quicker (or forums and ask for help) than to think of clicking on an unrelated icon to check if anything is out of the ordinary.

This said, if something could be build into Plus! to push such messages in the user's face (so to speak), that would be very nice indeed. However, I'm sure some people would complain about that too though. :p

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
As if anyone checked the news page :P i dunno, there must be a better way to let users know, it's not like you check the site every single day :p Maybe a toast of some sort, or maybe they can think of something better, but it certainly should not involve the user having to find the info by themselves.
No, of course you don't check the site every day, but it would also be not uncommon to check a site when something is out of the ordinary, no?

But yeah, a toast would be nice I guess. At least if it would stay visible until you click it. Though, a simple message box might do as well in that case. Or as Lou suggests between the lines: a dedicated window for stuff like that (so that much more info can be given than in the space of a toast and so that a clickable link to maybe a forum can be given too).

This post was edited on 04-30-2011 at 11:06 AM by CookieRevised.
04-30-2011 07:10 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
[SUGG.] Notice/alert system

My suggestion? :)
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6524 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes, 42 seconds ago.

04-30-2011 02:14 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: