What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat Log password...plz!

Chat Log password...plz!
Author: Message:
Lizbeth

O.P. Chat Log password...plz!
I'm sorry about this, i know maybe it can't be but i have to try it....i want into live chat but doesn't work.....I'm asking for help about the password of the encrypted chat logs....i have a new password, but the old chat doesn't change the password...The thread in the forum doesn't answer this...I know is kinda illegal, but i want the conversation with my cousin, he dies a week ago because some stupid guy thinks guns were fun...I'm sorry for asking, but there is a way to see his conversations??...thanks and I'm sorry for this but I need so much and I read in some forum that i can ask this directly with you
01-19-2008 05:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Log password...plz!
if you know the old password, use that. when you change your password, it does not update it for existing log files, only those from that point on. If you know the password, and want to change the password for all the previous logs, you can use a script for that, called Log Manager

If you don't know the password for the old logs, there is no way to open them.

This post was edited on 01-19-2008 at 05:31 PM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-19-2008 05:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lizbeth

O.P. RE: Chat Log password...plz!
is that right?.....sure it doesnt have a...dunno some file to record tha password?....I forgot the password!....:S:S....plz some recovery password or something like that, a file where the password record....dunno....plz i do everything...is very important for me...there is something he said...

sorry for being like that...but Its very important...
01-19-2008 05:42 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
There is absolutely no way to recover a lost password, sorry. The password wouldn't be very useful if there was a way around it, would it?
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-19-2008 05:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lizbeth

O.P. RE: Chat Log password...plz!
jeje, yes i know about that...but i was thinking about the other kind of software that exist to recover a password....but you're right...I guess I'm too sad  that I wasn't thinkin....but thanks, really thanks because you care to answer me....I have to ask you something more, if you discover something let me know plz...or anybody else who read this....I'm gonna be really thankful, I'm not gonna delete the files until discover something or remember the password....and thanks, an excellent forum!
01-19-2008 06:00 PM
lostuser

I too have had this lost password problem.
May I make a suggestion here?
Allow the rightful owner (which can be identified by the address in the chat log and the MSN log in?) to override this with his/her current password. What I am saying is that if the user indicates he/she has forgotten the old password to the chat log, allow him/her to decrypt the file using his/her current password?

Just a thought. It's very irritating to not be able to go back to one's old chat logs. And yes I should have remembered the old passwords. :P

This post was edited on 04-16-2008 at 03:02 AM by lostuser.
04-16-2008 03:01 AM
xAshx

32 / Male / Flag
Pllz i really need that too...im suffering from the same lost password problem with my 2 years old logs which i REALLY need...i can varify that im the owner of the logs even if you ask me for my ID...i can send you the logs if you want cuz honestly i dont want the way to recover the password and log file...all that i need is be able 2 read my old logs in anyway...just plz give me some hope on this..

and thanx for your help
05-27-2011 11:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
xAshx,

I know it might be frustrating, but as you can read in hundreds of posts already from over all these years, there is NO way to decrypt chat logs if you do not know the password.

If there was any way of retrieving the password, then there would be no point in having that feature in the first place.

Thus:
There is no workaround, no trick, no backdoor, no nothing, and there never will be.
There is nothing we can do.
There is nothing the programmers of Plus! can do.
There is nothing anybody can do.

sorry.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-27-2011 12:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: