What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » found software tat cause msg plus live not working

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
found software tat cause msg plus live not working
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working
Tlahtoani, Solid Snake, note that your problems are most likely not the same (the causes that is) as described in this thread. Especially since you, Tlahtoani, explicitly stated you've installed on a clean Windows, which is usually a very different situation.

It is not because that in both cases Plus! doesn't same to load, that it is the same thing. There can be (unfortunatly) a 1000 reasons why something doesn't work ranging from incompatibility with other software, drivers or what not, to a bug in Plus.

So, please stick to one post/thread. Cross-posting in multiple threads (and especially in threads which are most likely not about your same issue) isn't going to solve your issues any quicker.

For now, all I can suggest to anyone of you is to check threads like this and this. If you already have done that, a complete clean re-install might be the only option left. Other than that, I'm afraid there is not much we can do or offer.

;)

This post was edited on 05-09-2011 at 12:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-09-2011 12:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
chunlianghere

O.P. RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working
out of sudden, i change my nvidia software/driver(from acer) to latest from nvidia website, Plus! suddenly works!
05-13-2011 03:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by chunlianghere
out of sudden, i change my nvidia software/driver(from acer) to latest from nvidia website, Plus! suddenly works!
Ah yes, the old nVidea issues again. tbh, that's a very old known issue though. Some nVidia driver packages cause problems with certain softwares, this includes Messenger Plus!.

nVidea's drivers and/or tools might even cause Windows Live Messenger itself to malfunction (eg: http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!15941.entry). And there are a lot of unofficial reports that they (can) cause troubles in quite some other softwares and also games as well.

This post was edited on 05-13-2011 at 05:33 PM by CookieRevised.
05-13-2011 05:12 PM
nex86

I have the latest nvidia driver from the nvidia page, and msgplus is still not loading ... -.-

edit: Problem solved!!!!
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97559

The problem is caused by Nvidia optimus, you have to let it automatically set the preferred GPU.

This post was edited on 05-19-2011 at 03:36 PM by nex86.
05-19-2011 03:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nex86
I have the latest nvidia driver from the nvidia page, and msgplus is still not loading ... -.-
First check if you have just the drivers installed or also some other tools from nVidea that came with it. If so, uninstall them.

If it still doesn't work, try to downgrade your nVidea drivers to previous versions (remember to reboot your PC after each install).

If it still doesn't work, it might be something else which is causing Plus! to not load properly.
05-19-2011 03:36 PM
nex86

Problem solved!!!!

The problem is caused by Nvidia optimus, you have to let it automatically set the preferred GPU.
05-19-2011 03:37 PM
HuNHuNt3r

For me not solved:( I tried this too: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97559 But Messenger Plus is not appearing.
I read the whole forum, tried everything without success. Please help me!
i7-2630QM, 8gb ram, GT 525m, win7 64 bit (my mate has the same with 32 bit, i3, but doesn't work)
05-24-2011 10:50 AM
chunlianghere

O.P. RE: RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working
quote:
Originally posted by nex86
Problem solved!!!!

yup..i also finally found tat tat is the cause of the problem. guess its time to inform nvidia of the problem.
05-27-2011 04:00 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: