What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger 2011 photosharing not working

Messenger 2011 photosharing not working
Author: Message:
Mavili

48 / – / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Messenger 2011 photosharing not working
OS; Windows 7

A couple of nights ago, one of my msn contacts was trying to share some photos with me. However two things;

First the images in the msn window were very tiny, about 100 x 100 pixels, where as normally they are at full resolution at about 600 x 600 pixels. And I realize if the image is large it will resize when you change the size of the messenger window. But the images did not resize when I expanded the  messenger window.

Also when I clicked onto the save item link, I simply would only get a message in the chat section saying "The file "image.jpg" wasn't saved"...and thats it, no error code and no explanation of why I could not save the .jpgs. ^o)

I can't tell why it would do this. I am wondering if it is something with my free disk space (which I still have a bit of free space) where msn doesn't detect that I do have. Or if its just something about the photos he is trying to share.
05-01-2011 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger 2011 photosharing not working
If you think space is the problem, free some space and try again.
Or try reinstalling WLM.
05-02-2011 12:15 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger 2011 photosharing not working
quote:
Originally posted by Mavili
First the images in the msn window were very tiny, about 100 x 100 pixels, where as normally they are at full resolution at about 600 x 600 pixels. And I realize if the image is large it will resize when you change the size of the messenger window. But the images did not resize when I expanded the  messenger window.

Then he shared only 100x100px images (the thumbnails) instead of the full resolution images.

quote:
Originally posted by Mavili
Also when I clicked onto the save item link, I simply would only get a message in the chat section saying "The file "image.jpg" wasn't saved"...and thats it, no error code and no explanation of why I could not save the .jpgs. ^o)

I can't tell why it would do this. I am wondering if it is something with my free disk space (which I still have a bit of free space) where msn doesn't detect that I do have. Or if its just something about the photos he is trying to share.
My guess is that it had something todo with the kind of images he was trying to share though. That is: if you are also sure he didn't closed PhotoSharing before you were able to save the image.

Because, if he had ended PhotoSharing while you had the SaveFile dialog open, you will indeed get the error message "File not saved" after you press OK.

----

To know if it is not an issue on your end ask another contact to share some test pictures with you.

This post was edited on 05-02-2011 at 01:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-02-2011 01:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mavili

48 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger 2011 photosharing not working
Chancer; as per your suggestion, is it possible to reinstall the messenger client but still keep all of the settings and contacts? I'll give your suggestion a try

Ah very helpful Cookie! :)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Then he shared only 100x100px images (the thumbnails) instead of the full resolution images.

My guess is that it had something todo with the kind of images he was trying to share though. That is: if you are also sure he didn't closed PhotoSharing before you were able to save the image.

Because, if he had ended PhotoSharing while you had the SaveFile dialog open, you will indeed get the error message "File not saved" after you press OK.

----

To know if it is not an issue on your end ask another contact to share some test pictures with you.

I am pretty sure he would not have ended photo sharing so fast. (he was still dropping pictures in when I tried to copy them) I remember in the previous version of messenger, you used to get a message saying the other "has stopped sharing photos". But I didn't get that message either. And he was definitely online when I tried to save the photos.

Let me ask you this. If the sender clicks on "Hide what I'm sharing", would that disable the ability for the receiver to save copies of the .jpg? Just trying to explore all possibilities.

As for the image size, I guess I will have to ask him what size they should were and try out random photos to test, hopefully when I chat with him again.
05-02-2011 09:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: