What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Blocked & Deleted contacts is still able to send me messages.

Blocked & Deleted contacts is still able to send me messages.
Author: Message:
plusle

O.P. Blocked & Deleted contacts is still able to send me messages.
About 2 months ago, one of my contacts started spamming me with viral links and solicit messages. After blocking and removing this person from my contacts list, they're still able to constantly send me messages, regardless of my privacy settings. I don't know if it's because they're a @yahoo.com contact, but it shouldn't matter regardless. I'm unable to block this address, period.

Having no luck on googling this subject, would anybody be able to shed some light on this matter?
04-27-2011 07:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
plusle

O.P. RE: Blocked & Deleted contacts is still able to send me messages.
...If nothing else, it'd be great if someone could tell me that this is a unique case and nobody else has ever experienced this problem.
05-02-2011 09:55 PM
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: Blocked & Deleted contacts is still able to send me messages.
If you're using Messenger 2011, blocking has been replaced with "appearing offline" to contacts.  This means that they can't see your online presence, but they can still send you messages.  Not sure how it works with Yahoo contacts though...
05-05-2011 01:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tinkywinky56

RE: RE: Blocked & Deleted contacts is still able to send me messages.
well thats stupid!! this guy added me , and he was a peadofile.  now even though i have blocked him he is still sending me messages.  this new way of appearing offline to people is unsafe and i do not like it.  it is unsafe for children because even though they have tried to block someone who could be a peadofile, they can still send them dirty messages.  this could lead to getting pear-pressured into meeting them!  i dread to think what that could lead to!  does anyone know a way of contacting messenger.  i would like them to make the 'appear offline' back into 'block'  as appearing offline, in my opinion, is unsafe! please can someone help!?  i would be really greatful!
05-21-2011 05:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Blocked & Deleted contacts is still able to send me messages.
quote:
Originally posted by tinkywinky56
does anyone know a way of contacting messenger.  i would like them to make the 'appear offline' back into 'block'  as appearing offline, in my opinion, is unsafe! please can someone help!?
Report the issue on the Windows Live Solution Center forums, more specifically in the Windows Live Contacts subforum:
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=3c...-b331-3434bda6a8d0

Add it as a suggestion in a feedback report:
Open Messenger's main menu > Help > Send Feedback

And also, you can report abusive contacts:
Open Messenger's main menu > Help > Report Abuse
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-22-2011 02:41 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend