What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Windows Live Messenger/MSN slow to show unseen chat messages

Windows Live Messenger/MSN slow to show unseen chat messages
Author: Message:
Sierra117

O.P. Windows Live Messenger/MSN slow to show unseen chat messages
Hey guys, I've got a Windows 7 64-bit edition on a Quad Core, and also have Windows XP installed. On XP, everything runs fine, but if I use Messenger on Win7, there's a slight problem.

If I have 2 chats open in tabs (using Plus!), then if someone says something in one chatbox and I switch to see it, it appears as if the moment I switched, the person just sent the message, no matter how old the message may be. However, once I've seen the message and I switch to another chat or program window and come back to it, it's fine. It only happens when I have multiple chat tabs and messenger alerts me of unseen messages. It works fine if I only have a single person's window open (i.e. no tabs). I haven't tried switching tabs off, I suspect it will work but I'll check and report back. This also reminds me, I've noticed that if I type fast, then the letters appearing onscreen are SLIGHTLY sluggish. It's barely noticeable, but it's there. I noticed especially when I erased and replaced the character with a new one.

On XP everything runs fine.

I'm using
Windows Live Messenger 2009
Messenger Plus! 5

Thanks!
05-27-2011 11:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sierra117

O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger/MSN slow to show unseen chat messages
BUMP ... anyone? Please share your thoughts!
08-12-2011 02:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: