What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working"

"Windows Live Messenger has stopped working"
Author: Message:
HikariWS

O.P. "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working"
Hello guys. Sorry for only coming to the forum now that I have a problem, I've been using MsgPlus for quite some time and MSN is unusable without it!

And... now it doesn't work :(

2 weeks ago I made a clean Win7 Win64 install. I installed latest Windows Live Essentials, and then installed MsgPlusLive-5.01.706. Everything worked fine, I installed many other apps and so on.

I use Windows hibernate, so I stayed a few days without rebooting Windows. Last night I installed Acronis TrueImage and when I went to sleep I shut Windows down.

And today, when I power on PC, MSN doesn't startup anymore :(

At first it was setup to auto login. I found in registry where it was setup and removed it. After that MSN loaded without error, but when I signed in my profile it crashed again!

I then installed Revo Uninstaller, wanted to fully uninstall it. But when I tried to uninstall MSN or MsgPlus I saw the repair option, that's available in both app's uninstall. I used both, and same crash continued happening.

All I had left was to indeed uninstall them. What was my surprise when, after uninstalling MsgPlus (Revo Uninstalled found a registry key and pointed MsgPlus's language files and uninstall file left, I deleted them all), MSN worked fine! It just signed in, of course without MsgPlus features.

I downloaded MsgPlusLive-5.02.712 and installed it. Unfortunately the same error came back with it, MSN crashes during signing.

Since MSN works when MsgPlus isn't installed, all points to being MsgPlus the cause of the crash, or something in MSN that makes MsgPlus crash. Now I'm gonna fully uninstall Windows Live Essentials and try reinstalling them all hoping that works. If not, I still can try making an earlier MSN version work and installing MsgPlusLive-4.90.392, but I'm almost sure it will fail to install or force me to upgrade.

Here are the error log that I receive, please help me solve it because my friends use MSN and I need it (I hate MSN, ICQ is and will always be MUCH better), and I can't use MSN without MsgPlus!

quote:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    msnmsgr.exe
  Application Version:    15.4.3508.1109
  Application Timestamp:    4cda7240
  Fault Module Name:    msnmsgr.exe
  Fault Module Version:    15.4.3508.1109
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4cda7240
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0008dc33
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

06-23-2011 01:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mich999
Former Yuna Software

RE: "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working"
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Please contact us at Support@kimahrisoftware.com. We will be very happy to diagnose this issue with you. 

Sabri B.
Project Leader
Kimahri Software
06-23-2011 02:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: