What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: WLM 2011: Aero Switcher & Nick

Suggestion: WLM 2011: Aero Switcher & Nick
Author: Message:
NubCake

O.P. Suggestion: WLM 2011: Aero Switcher & Nick
Hey! I LOVE Messenger Plus, but i only miss 1 feature (it was never in Messenger Plus), but maybe you can do it  Since i didnt find any (it was availible for WLM 2009 % 2010 i think), but its not working on WLM 2011 anymore, i'm talking about MSN Aero switch, this feature would pwn, cuz it makes Messenger a LOT nicer (=

Here's a picture of what it does:
[Image: live-messenger-2011-unresponsive-titlebar.png]
(we have MSN as shown on the right picture, left one is much nicer and good looking)

Any chance of doing that? :)
---
I readed somewhere we can change nick-s by using /nick command (it doesnt work for me), but if we can change it this way, maybe you can do it more user friendly and put it in options :P

This post was edited on 06-30-2011 at 11:26 AM by NubCake.
06-30-2011 11:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: WLM 2011: Aero Switcher & Nick
That first screenshot was a bug report from Menthix, a leftover registry setting caused that and Messenger would not work. And, for the nick, Microsoft has changed the name behaviour in Messenger, nothing people can do about it.
[Image: Empty.png]
06-30-2011 05:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NubCake

O.P. RE: Suggestion: WLM 2011: Aero Switcher & Nick
That wasnt a bug, it actually worked (i was using it) and it looks very nice and cool :)

So this is not possible for WLM 2011?

I actually "tried" it and it didnt work (i had it enabled when i upgraded to WLM 2011), but it kinda worked, the main window looked as it should, even all functions worked, the only thing that wasnt working was Maximize and Minimize and those buttons and i couldnt drag the window, but everything else worked just fine (=

This post was edited on 06-30-2011 at 09:10 PM by NubCake.
06-30-2011 09:08 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: WLM 2011: Aero Switcher & Nick
quote:
Originally posted by NubCake
hat wasnt a bug, it actually worked (i was using it) and it looks very nice and cool
It actually worked in WLM 2009 and older, but shown in the screenshot is 2011 where it is indeed buggy. I am the one who made that screenshot :p. Had the same issues as you. AFAIK there isn't any way to do this properly on WLM 2011.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-30-2011 09:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NubCake

O.P. RE: RE: Suggestion: WLM 2011: Aero Switcher & Nick
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by NubCake
hat wasnt a bug, it actually worked (i was using it) and it looks very nice and cool
It actually worked in WLM 2009 and older, but shown in the screenshot is 2011 where it is indeed buggy. I am the one who made that screenshot :p. Had the same issues as you. AFAIK there isn't any way to do this properly on WLM 2011.

Yeah, i actually found your fix and it worked, well, too bad ut cant be done for WLM 2011 =/ I was really hoping i could have that :P
06-30-2011 09:39 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: