What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » /me command does not work

/me command does not work
Author: Message:
K97

O.P. /me command does not work
Hi

I'm using the latest Messenger Plus[5], and the 2009 version of MSN - because the 2011 version sucks.

I first downloaded messenger plug years ago, and it worked totally fine. At some point along the way in the past 3 years my /me command would not work. No matter what I did, redownloading messenger plus, updating MSN, rebooting - nothing.

So I've just decided to try fixing it again, as that's the only feature that doesn't work, and the one I want to start using again. I uninstalled the version of MP that I had, rebooted, and just reinstalled the newest version. No go. So I rebooted and attempted again at the prompting of a friend[who does not have this issue], and it still will not work.

This friend of mine has the same version of windows live messenger that I do, 2009, and the same version of messenger plus. What is going on? Why can't I use the /me command? All it does is show it as if I said "namehere: /me goes to get a drink" instead of "name here goes to get a drink"

Can I fix this? To use the /me command properly, for whatever I tpye? Not just manually fixed quick messages?

I did search and skim the forums for similar questions or a resolution but came up with little information of use

Thanks, please let me know how I can fix this

~K
08-24-2011 03:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: /me command does not work
Hmm...  do other commands work?  Does the list of commands pop up when you first type / (assuming you haven't turned that off)?  If not, check the option in Plus! settings for recognising commands.  And also, I take it your friend can send /me commands without problems?
08-24-2011 12:30 PM
K97

O.P. RE: /me command does not work
Thus far to my knowledge other commands work. The only other commands I know of, however, are manually set quick texts which work fine I think. I do not use them so I'm not sure.

I also have no idea what kind of list you mean. It's never shown a list for me when I type the /, not when I first downloaded it years ago, and not right now...I didn't even know that was an option, or where to find that option under settings.

And yeah, my friend can send /me commands perfectly fine, and we're using the same versions of everything.

I primarily use Plus for tabbed chats, encrypted message logging, locking, and /me capabilities. Most other features I don't bother with

I'll poke around in the settings and see if I can find that list thing you mentioned...maybe if I can find it that will make it work?

Edit: The new version seriously changed the preferences menus, so I had an odd time navigating it when I reinstalled it last night. But I did manage to find that box and checked it. So far it seems to work! Thanks for your help :D

This post was edited on 08-24-2011 at 08:44 PM by K97.
08-24-2011 08:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: