What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ
Hello,

first I have to apologize to everyone... a very bad bug was introduced in Messenger Plus! 2.10.0034 released two days ago and this caused problems to a lot of you. If you know anyone who installed 2.10.0034, please tell them to downgrade to 2.10.0032 (you can download it at www.msgplus.net, the file on my server has been replaced).

Now I need your assistance. As I can't reproduce the problem, I can't say it's fixed before you say so. This message is for everyone who's computer froze after installing Plus! 2.10.34. I really need your help asap as an official patch MUST be brought to public no later than today (monday).

I've compiled two new versions, here are your instructions, it will only take a couple of minutes to do everything:

Test 1
  • Download test version 2.10.341 at http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MP20341.zip
  • Install the new version
  • Launch Messenger and check if it works as it's supposed to or if it freezes like before
  • Double check in the about box if this is really version 2.10.341 that is running

Test 2
  • Download test version 2.10.342 at http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MP20342.zip
  • Install the new version
  • Launch Messenger and check if it works as it's supposed to or if it freezes like before
  • Double check in the about box if this is really version 2.10.342 that is running

Then, post your results as reply to this thread (don't forget to confirm that you were experiencing freeze problems with the old version). If your computer still freezes after trying both versions, here is what you can do that will help me solve the problem asap: compress the file "C:\MessengerPlus Dump.txt" in a zip file and attach it to your post.

I'll wait for your news... with some luck, some of you will reply before I go to sleep. Again, sorry about this, be sure that I'm doing my best to correct my mistakes.

Patchou

This post was edited on 05-05-2003 at 12:50 PM by WDZ.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-05-2003 07:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Starr

– / Female / –
RE: Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ
Wow Patchou you sure are fast

I just did test 1 (version 2.10.341) - it's working great. No freeze no nothing. It still didn't load on startup but the repair box was displayed, so that's good.

Off to play with test 2 now.
05-05-2003 07:56 AM
Itanium

– / Male / –
With reference to thread  http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=9740

I have tried the both builds and both are crashing for me, am attaching the dump here. you didnt pay much attention to that thread though :p

(In the dump, I have separated the build's area with my own comment)

.zip File Attachment: MessengerPlus Dump2.zip (3.13 KB)
This file has been downloaded 513 time(s).
05-05-2003 08:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Starr

– / Female / –
I've tried both now and both and working great for me.

Windows ME
MSN Messenger 5.0.0544
05-05-2003 08:08 AM
StOrM121

33 / Male / –
Ive tried the first one, and it didnt freeze on startup but didnt load at all and the window asking me 2 restart messenger did not come up either
05-05-2003 08:35 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ
StOrM121: was it working good with version 2.10.32? although, was Plus! working correctly after the setup, before you reboot?
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-05-2003 08:39 AM
timmie

– / Male / –
i have version 2.10.34 with msn messenger 5.0.5044 and XP and it doesn't freeze at all ;)
05-05-2003 08:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
StOrM121

33 / Male / –
Patchou: No it was'nt working with the original .32 version as it froze, it did work before the reboot and i have rebooted twice more since the last message, and this time it has loaded up correctly, should i still try patch 2?
05-05-2003 09:07 AM
StOrM121

33 / Male / –
ok update: i restarted again and it jammed so i removed it and now im going to try the seccond update when i get back
05-05-2003 09:56 AM
iLLeSt

– / Male / –
Oh man .. my PC is real messed up! Grrr

I tried Test 1 .. downloading 2.10.341 and my PC froze! So i uninstalled it.

I tried Test 2 .. downloading 2.10.342 .. it installed ok .. then i installed the new patch .. and PC froze again! So same thing .. i uninstalled it.

And yes i double checked the versions in the About of Msg Plus after i installed both Test .. I installed Test 1 and checked and also done that for Test 2 and the version i installed were correct.

Heres my text thingy .. I kinda checked it .. maybe cause I have another patch installed or something .. I have the Multi MSN patch .. and banner removed .. I saw the "Couldn't find banner" something like that .. but yeah here it is ..

.zip File Attachment: MessengerPlus Dump.zip (1.82 KB)
This file has been downloaded 509 time(s).
05-05-2003 10:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: