What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I don't get the all thing about the WHAT'S NEW bar in WLM 2009

I don't get the all thing about the WHAT'S NEW bar in WLM 2009
Author: Message:
deyapretty

O.P. I don't get the all thing about the WHAT'S NEW bar in WLM 2009
Hello!

I'm having trouble with the What's New thing in Windows Live Messenger.

First, I've deleted everything on my windows live profile and at the bottom of my contact list I still can see my status updates. I've also unchecked every box about what was visible about me and I still can see it (I have another account where I added myself).
My question is, how to avoid this?

Second, I have one of my contacts where I could see her status updates but now nothing shows up about her, and she does update her status but I can't see it neither in the What's new section or her profile.

How could she hide her updates? (because I can't obviously). Or does that mean she deleted me? (I can still see her online though..).
And there's also this message that appears at the top of her Windows live profile: You have sent an invitation to blablabla  and not: "You are friends with blablabla in Messenger"
What does this mean?

Thanks!
09-04-2011 12:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: I don't get the all thing about the WHAT'S NEW bar in WLM 2009
If it's to do with profile details (e.g. addresses, phone numbers and so on), they sync to contacts whenever you change them.  So if you remove them from your profile, they will still have the most recent details.

As for status updates, there may be something similar going on here.  If your friend has opted to hide status updates (set them to display to them only), then you won't receive any new ones.  But can you see old ones on their profile?

The "You have sent an invitation..." message suggests that one of you may have deleted the other.  If they did indeed remove you, and you have since sent an invite that they have yet to respond to, the message will persist.  If they rejected the request, the message may still appear (can someone confirm this?).
09-07-2011 08:34 AM
deyapretty

O.P. RE: I don't get the all thing about the WHAT'S NEW bar in WLM 2009
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. In relation to my status I mean that if I write a status on messenger it will show up in the What's new bar. Although on my profile nothing shows up because I have disabled them.
As I said, I have two accounts and I added myself in each and I can see my statuses :S

As to my friend's status I can't see the older ones. I'm not sure that I could see them before, I never really paid attention to it until recently :/
But I can see the message: "Has a new display picture" (even if the display picture is empty) and now I can see her friend list and there are only 2 friends. I couldn't see it before.

So would that mean she deleted me? :S  Again, I never really paid attention to what was written on her profile but I think it was written "You have invited blablabla in messenger" (not sure at all). And she had started a conversation with me which meant that she could see me online.
We haven't talked for 1 month now after a little argument... I still can see her online though so I'm sure she didn't block me but I'd like to know if she deleted me.
I wouldn't mind apologizing and stuff like that but I need to be sure that she didn't delete me 1st, otherwise it would be useless trying to keep in touch with someone who erased you :S. (sorry for telling my life lol).

Btw if you can leave a comment on a profile about her activity with someone like playing a game for example, does it mean something relevant? (like still being friends for example or normally only friends can comment?)

09-07-2011 12:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: