What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Introducing the <strikeout>visual logging status</strikeout> nasty red blinkenlichter

Introducing the <strikeout>visual logging status</strikeout> nasty red blinkenlichter
Author: Message:
BjoernEberhardt

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  Introducing the <strikeout>visual logging status</strikeout> nasty red blinkenlichter
quote:
Introducing the visual logging status. If you enable chat logging, you'll see an red light flashing on the top right of the chat window
I already noticed that feature. In fact, it is a very annoying feature if there is no way to disable that eye-catching distracting ad-banner-like repeated epilepsy-causing blinking red circle in the top-right corner of the chat windows.

I've been using Messenger Plus! for more than 10 years, and I always loved the chat logging feature as a good and handy way to remember stuff I would otherwise forget. Thus, a searchable chatlog feature is useful or even indispensable.

Also I would love if you keep things added by Messenger Plus! configurable. More and more buttons and icons spread over the different windows, advertising more features such as Online Games, World, Psychic reading, iPad raffle, Stardoll, cluttering the interface from a slim, smart easy-to-use basic messenger to an overbloated Project Blinkenlight, to which the red flashing icon is just fitting. It would be best to set a limit on that before it is too late.

Could you - in the next release - pleaaaase add a feature to disable that visual logging notification?

Thank you so much *kisses*
Björn Eberhardt
10-03-2011 01:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Introducing the <strikeout>visual logging status</strikeout> nasty red blinkenlichter
Hi there,

You can disable the animation on that button or remove that button all together, read my reply to What is the button called Online and Local logging?

A whole bunch of buttons can be disabled, a look through the preferences will show you the following:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1017231]

The last one will make sure no promotional buttons are shown anywhere, not in contact list and not in chat window. As you can see even Messenger Plus! buttons themselves can be disabled should you wish to do so. As configurable as can be I'd say...

Missing anything in this overview? Feel free to ask.

.jpg File Attachment: ButtonsPrefs.jpg (248.77 KB)
This file has been downloaded 428 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-03-2011 at 02:32 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-03-2011 02:07 PM
BjoernEberhardt

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Introducing the <strikeout>visual logging status</strikeout> nasty red blinkenlichter
Your response was as great as it could only be :-)
*woosh* - now the interface looks tidy as it was many years ago
Also, thanks alot for quoting the other thread.
For some reason my eyes were blind when looking for that on my own.

...now to roll out the changes on the computers of my parents :D
10-03-2011 02:52 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Introducing the <strikeout>visual logging status</strikeout> nasty red blinkenlichter
Glad I could be of help and that you are once again a happy Plus! user :D
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-03-2011 03:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: