What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Games and slow connection

Games and slow connection
Author: Message:
xzorz

O.P. Games and slow connection
Hey...

**help 1**
when i wanna start a game with one of my contacts msn get stuck / hangs..

this problem i got when i updated to the Version 5.10 and with the Latest version: 5.10.0.748...

ive tryed the built in fix thing.. and re installing.. but nothing seems to work..

**help 2**
and afther the update to 5.10 my account seem to use looooong time to login.. but if i use a more private account i get logged in faster? = why?

anyways.. if someone are able to help me with the **help 1** question i would be greatfull..

the games works sometimes.. but i probobly need like 4 restarts of msn before it does..
please help me.. msn is so much better with msgplus :)

xzorz
10-22-2011 09:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Games and slow connection
Messenger Plus! doesn't interfere with the connection to the Microsoft servers. Therefore the slowness of games and slow log in times must be attributed to something else.

Both could be caused by line attenuation where the line (your internet connection) is saturated.

Alas the second issue can be attributed to a larger contact list. The servers send you your contact list each time you log in. If your line is saturated the reception of the data will be slow.

There was, previously, an option to debug the connection for Windows Live Messenger. If it is available try it and see where the connection is taking awhile. (This was apart of Windows Live Messenger, not Messenger Plus!.)

On your "more private account" are there issues with games? Have you tried a mobile version like https://meebo.com to see if you experience any slowness with the logging in?

This post was edited on 10-24-2011 at 05:14 PM by matty.
10-24-2011 05:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: