What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » after installing

after installing
Author: Message:
scripttron75

O.P. after installing
I think after i installed Plus with the latest version of Windows live messenger. this program called Babylon was installed on my system without my permission. how the hell do i get rid of it.
10-17-2011 05:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: after installing
Well you can use the Add remove programs selecting Messenger Plus! and remove the sponsor.

Please note that there is no possible way that the installer would "automagically" install the sponsor if you flat out decline.
10-17-2011 05:04 PM
scripttron75

O.P. RE: after installing
I have already tried that no go this program is a complete nucence. i never asked me to install it or deny it what can i do.
10-17-2011 06:27 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: after installing
quote:
Originally posted by scripttron75
I have already tried that no go this program is a complete nucence. i never asked me to install it or deny it what can i do.
I have to disagree. The installer gives you the option to install the sponsor or not then the following screen is to agree to the Messenger Plus! EULA.

Are you sure the program is from Plus!? Plus! uses toolbars as its sponsor applications for the most part as far as I am aware.
10-17-2011 07:27 PM
scripttron75

O.P. RE: RE: after installing
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by scripttron75
I have to disagree. The installer gives you the option to install the sponsor or not then the following screen is to agree to the Messenger Plus! EULA.

Are you sure the program is from Plus!? Plus! uses toolbars as its sponsor applications for the most part as far as I am aware.

yes i installed it and selected to install but it still installed. this is where i downloaded plus:  http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads

i will try and uninstall reinstall, i dont think that will remove it though.
10-18-2011 10:03 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: