What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » connected at various locations

connected at various locations
Author: Message:
arthur

O.P. connected at various locations
After install messenger plus sometimes appears a message that I am connected to another computer. I changed the password quickly  from another machine that does not have Messenger Plus and the problem stopped. When I entered the computer that had Messenger Plus installed after some time showed the message again saying “You are connected in two places” and this second place (machine) is called ignorado.  A message also appeared next to my nick "on http://m.ebuddy.com ebuddy lite messenger."

Does anyone know what is happening.

Thank you.
10-17-2011 05:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: connected at various locations
That message comes from Windows live Messenger itself. It will appear when you are signed in on two machines. I suggest you change your Live ID password as explained here, also change your secret question!

Also have a read here about configuring your password reset information, and this important security information.

Furthermore, before anything, check your pc on virusses and keyloggers. Also beware of Plus! scripts/plugins that you got from anywhere else but the official database, they are as powerful as any other program!

This post was edited on 10-17-2011 at 09:32 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-17-2011 09:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
arthur

O.P. RE: connected at various locations
I have taken all necessary care with viruses, keyloggers, and formatted the pc and changed the password settings but whenever I install messenger plus it happens after a few hours this. Are there risks of the site that distributes the messenger plus have changed maliciously the messenger plus?
the web site is:  http://www.baixaki.com.br/busca.asp?q=messenger+plus

has more than 63 000 downloads

Anyway if the messenger plus that it would fissile quiet.

Thanks
10-17-2011 12:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: connected at various locations
Hello arthur,

Please only download Messenger Plus! from the official website: http://www.msgplus.net/

We can not guarantee the installer has not been messed with, or is the latest, if you download anywhere else.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-17-2011 02:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: