What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » stopped making records of conversation

stopped making records of conversation
Author: Message:
vargasf

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. stopped making records of conversation
Hi,
When starting the month of January, 2012. stopped making records of conversation, the local computer and online.

Windows Live Messenger 2011 Build 15.4.3538.513 and Messenger Plus 5.10.0.750 language Portuguese Brazil.

Greetings Flaviano
01-04-2012 06:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: stopped making records of conversation
Hello Flaviano,

I can't reproduce this here. To try and get to where the issue is can you answer me the following questions:

1. Have you checked if chat logging is still enabled in the Messenger Plus! settings (Preferences and Options > Logs > chat Logging)? Both for Online and Local logging are checked? My!Plus password correct?
2. What are your organization settings for these logs?
3. What language is your messenger version in?
4. Does this happen when language in Messenger Plus! is set to English (or the build in Portuguese version) too?

This post was edited on 01-05-2012 at 12:11 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-05-2012 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vargasf

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: stopped making records of conversation
Hello Sunshine,

1- Yes Both Online and Local logging is active.

3- Portuguese language version.
4- Changing the settings of the English version was the same defect.

When the conversation is open msn and ask to check the records it appears the month of January but all in white, add to the conversation close the file. Ple. Pregnant nor in Online.
Attached the backup configuration.
He started this defect occurs on December 24. On this day I performed a windows live update to include Windows Movie Maker.

Admin edit: Attachment removed. Do not share your preferences bakcup. These files include your private information including your emailaddress and password for your online chatlogs.

This post was edited on 01-05-2012 at 07:14 PM by Menthix.
01-05-2012 03:53 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFF TOPIC]
vargasf,

Please do not post your complete Plus! preferences backup file on a public forum. It contains login information and passwords (security breach), as well as a list of email addresses of your contacts (privacy invasion).

A moderator has been notified of this and has removed that attachment from your post.

Instead make a screenshot of your (log) preferences or describe what the settings are.

Seeing that the attachment was already download like 15 times, I very strongly urge you to change your passwords immediatly. Most importantly the password assigned to your MyPlus!-account. As well as the passwords for all other accounts you may have in case it was the same password you used for them.

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 01-05-2012 at 07:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-05-2012 07:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vargasf
When the conversation is open msn and ask to check the records it appears the month of January but all in white, add to the conversation close the file. Ple. Pregnant nor in Online.
Can you post a screenshot of what this looks like? It might give us more of a clue what is going wrong. Please cover up/hide/remove any email addresses shown in the screenshot, if any, for privacy sake of you and your contacts.   
quote:
Attached the backup configuration.
I didn't get that one (was removed already), would you mind posting a screenshot of the window (Preferences and Options > Logs > chat Logging) or tell me what the options on this window are set to? That is all we need, if we need any privacy sensitive content we'll ask you to send it to a specific email address so this doesn't fall in to the wrong hands. In the meantime please follow CookieRevised's advice and change your password(s).
quote:
He started this defect occurs on December 24. On this day I performed a windows live update to include Windows Movie Maker.
This should not affect Messenger Plus! chat logging, Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Movie Maker are not connected in any way. Only thing I can think of is that your messenger version got upgraded during this update, but that shouldn't be a problem as Messenger Plus! works with the latest version (the version you mentioned). I have the very same version only in English.

Might there be anything else you added that could interfere with how Messenger or Messenger Plus! works, such as other messenger add-ons/enhancements? Do you have any Messenger Plus! plugins (list can be found in Preferences >Plugins> Plus! Plugins)?
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-06-2012 11:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lord_of_Madness

Same problem here. But, there is also another problem with my logs. Whenever I exit my MSN, my logs never save correctly (At least they are saved in the backup folder).

Anyway, I can live with that saving problem. What is starting to bother me is that they're not registered in 'My Logs'.
Is there somehow that I can manually upload my files? Just untill I/We solve this problem.

#--- Edit ---#
Questions 1-4: Everything is fine and configured correctly, my connection is with the site is ok (Well, that's what the Plus! says.), my password...
But, what is weird is that I successively registered some logs. (Like day January 9th).

#--- Edit ---#
Bah, forget it. I've moved the files to my main folder and everything were updated.
This backup folder should be created inside every e-mail folder, don't you think? Anyway... I'll try to find out about my other problem.

This post was edited on 01-13-2012 at 11:58 AM by Lord_of_Madness.
01-13-2012 11:49 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lord_of_Madness
Is there somehow that I can manually upload my files? Just untill I/We solve this problem.
As far as this question is concerned in the Log Viewer you can right click the log in the tree view and upload it from there.
01-13-2012 01:48 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: