What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't login or reset password for Plus!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Can't login or reset password for Plus!
Author: Message:
Alexandre.Lefebvre

– / Male / Flag
RE: Can't login or reset password for Plus!
I aggree, a secret question is a good idea. I'll log a new product backlog item in Team Foundation when I return to the office in Januaray. I can't promise when and if it will be implemented, because that up to the product owners.

Here is how I think it should work, we ask each users already register to pick a question and give the answer upon the next login after the update.The registration form need to be modify so that the new user are required to pick a question and set the answer. When a user click on the forgot password link the question is ask, if the user give the right answer he/she is allow to enter a new password.

Sill for users like joltCoder that forgot their password before the Q&A is in place nothing can be done.
Code is beautiful.
12-23-2011 08:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Alexandre.Lefebvre
I aggree, a secret question is a good idea. I'll log a new product backlog item in Team Foundation when I return to the office in Januaray. I can't promise when and if it will be implemented, because that up to the product owners.

Here is how I think it should work, we ask each users already register to pick a question and give the answer upon the next login after the update.The registration form need to be modify so that the new user are required to pick a question and set the answer. When a user click on the forgot password link the question is ask, if the user give the right answer he/she is allow to enter a new password.
sounds ok... But why wait after the update? This can be done now too, no (after it has been approved of course)?

Also, maybe the possebility to make your own question?

This post was edited on 12-24-2011 at 10:20 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-24-2011 10:19 AM
Alexandre.Lefebvre

– / Male / Flag
I created the  product backlog item No. 5552: Secret question for password recovery.

@Cookie: The system need to be modify in order to store the question and the answer associate to each user account in the database so that why it can't be done before the update. I added the ability for the user to create there own question in the PBI acceptance criteria.
Code is beautiful.
01-02-2012 01:46 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: