What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to "reset" Messenger Plus?

How to "reset" Messenger Plus?
Author: Message:
rafaelwbr

O.P. How to "reset" Messenger Plus?
Hello.

I was setting some own events.. But now when I am online and set the status to offline (invisible) it open the custom status window and auto change the status to away. This happen just with the account that I have add some events. I have removoded all events but the account still set to away status..

How can I "reset" the plus settings? I think reseting it can fix it.

Thank you.

This post was edited on 12-22-2011 at 07:58 PM by rafaelwbr.
12-22-2011 07:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Alexandre.Lefebvre

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to "reset" Messenger Plus?
There is not reset feature that I know of for the Messenger Plus! preferences. However you could export your settings before stating experimenting and do an import if something goes wrong.

At this point I suggest that you remove all the configured presets in the personlized status section of the preferences window.
Code is beautiful.
12-22-2011 08:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to "reset" Messenger Plus?
What Alexandre said is correct, however....

rafaelwbr, what do you exactly mean with "setting some own events"? Do you mean setting custom Event Notifications, or something else?

If the former, then by setting your own event notification alerts Plus! should never change your status to something else!
If it does, it is a bug!

But do make sure you don't have any scripts running which might be the culprint though; or that you have set a shortcut key which might also trigger another action like status change, etc. Either way, if this happened when simply setting a custom status notification and nothing else, then it is a bug.

The only time the custom status window should appear automatically is when you set your status to Away and when you have enabled that option in Messenger Plus!.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-23-2011 12:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: