What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » e-mail notifications issue

e-mail notifications issue
Author: Message:
danielocdh

O.P. e-mail notifications issue
wlm 14.0.8117.416
Messenger Plus 5.11.0.759

I configured e-mail notifications with gmail, it seemed to work fine but then I made this:
Send an email to my gmail account with subject "test1", send an email to my gmail account with subject "test2", plus notifies me correctly aobut these 2 emails, then I delete them on gmail, and send another email to my gmail account with subject "test3", I never receive a notification about "test3", any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
02-15-2012 11:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: e-mail notifications issue
Plus! uses the POP3 protocol as defined by the official RFCs to read the amount of emails in your account.

However, if your email provider does not follow the official RFCs guidelines to the letter, it may result in the wrong number of unread emails to be returned to Plus!. Thus, if this is the case, Plus! can't do anything about it.

And GMail is known to not exactly follow the POP3 guidelines. The support is better than it used to be, but it still does not completely follow it properly (especially when it comes down to returning the amount of unread email).

Another reason can be that the returned number of unread emails are/were cached (some email providers do this), and/or that the time between checks was too small.

This said, it may also be possible that there is a bug in the Plus! email checker that it does not inform you of unread emails if that number is lower than the last check and the time between checks was very short (I need to test this to confirm it though - it is just a wild guess).

This post was edited on 02-19-2012 at 11:06 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-19-2012 11:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: