What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Personalized status very annoying problem

Personalized status very annoying problem
Author: Message:
cesm1980

O.P. Personalized status very annoying problem
Ever since Messenger Plus for msn 2011 came that there is a annoying problem that i am unable to avoid, if i create a new personalized status assigning a personal message, and assign any global keyboard shortcut to it, everytime i try to activate the personalized status with the keyboard shortcut, i get the personal message that i choosed, typed byitself in whatever window that have focus at the moment (like macro programs do when sending keystrokes), even inside msn itself !
For example if i am searching a contact on msn and press the shortcut key, the personal message just gets pasted to that field, it seems that plus just send keystrokes to the screen to change the personal message on msn to whatever has the focus at the moment, and this of course is very annoying, it's stupid having to always have the main msn window on focus without being on any text field to avoid this keystroke pasting to happen (it's the only way to avoid this). Or, if i use the mouse to change the personalized status on the dropdown list on msn this doesn't happen anymore, it seems it only happens when triggered by the keyboard shortcut.

Did anyone ever noticed this ? Is this not possible to fix?? In msn 2009 i never had this behavior at all...
02-18-2012 08:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Personalized status very annoying problem
Likely a bug that wasn't caught during testing. It should be easy enough for them to fix.
02-18-2012 12:27 PM
cesm1980

O.P. RE: Personalized status very annoying problem
Yeah i hope, because it's been already a few updates since the new plus for msn 2011 came and the problem always persists. Anyway this is the correct place to report bugs, right ? I mean, they usually check these posts or it's necessary a more direct contact?
02-18-2012 12:32 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Personalized status very annoying problem
This is the correct place yes. You can also email them at support@kimahrisoftware.com.
02-18-2012 12:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: