What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Two timing fiancee? Yes, a WML question!

Two timing fiancee? Yes, a WML question!
Author: Message:
42pines

O.P. Two timing fiancee? Yes, a WML question!
I use WML to chat with my distant fiancee.  Today she was unable to use her computer as her niece needed it for schoolwork. So she used her niece's smart phone and chatted with me using WML on the smartphone.

Next to her icon was the message: "I will love you always T_T"

Hmm....then the message disappeared.   I asked: "what happened to the message next to you icon?"

She said that when she logged onto MSN WLM using the niece's phone the text that was next to her niece's icon appears next to her icon.

Is this a possible glitch, or using Occam's razor (the kiss principle) was the message hers and meant for another guy? 

Thank you for taking the time to answer this disconcerting question.
02-28-2012 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Two timing fiancee? Yes, a WML question!
Quiet possible it was leftover from the last login like she says. Smatphone apps are generally not created with multiple users in mind anyway.

Also, using someone else's phone to set a personal message to publicly communicate to someone you're supposedly seeing on the side while your lover is far away (so doesn't have access to your own phone/pc anyway) doesn't exactly strike me as the most logical explanation.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-28-2012 04:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Two timing fiancee? Yes, a WML question!
Simply put, I think you're overreacting. You don't put a lot of faith in your fiancee if you think that, because this one incident, she is sleeping around.

What was the message, if any, that she had prior to signing into her niece's phone. What phone does she have?
02-28-2012 05:42 PM
42pines

O.P. RE: Two timing fiancee? Yes, a WML question!
Thank you both.  Menthix I don't believe she was using the phone to set the message rather she was using the phone because she was unable to use her computer. 

And Matty, I do wholeheartedly hope that you never experience what American women are capable of.  Unfortunately I've experienced "sleeping around" two times more than I ever thought I would.  Indeed I was blindsided twice in my lifetime and I no longer possess unlimited trust. 

Someone told me many years ago: "Oh, you're just over-reacting, I'm sure there's nothing to that."  Well, in fact she was sleeping around--end of story.  Such is life these days. 

It's odd, most people say that more guys cheat on women, but in my experience, it's quite the other way around.

I have no idea what kind of phone she has.  I just wondered if anyone else has ever had this sort of thing happen.  It just didn't seem possible to me as the data, it seems to me, is on the WLM server, not the phone--but I wasn't sure.
02-28-2012 09:27 PM
deyapretty

RE: RE: Two timing fiancee? Yes, a WML question!
quote:
Originally posted by 42pines
Thank you both.  Menthix I don't believe she was using the phone to set the message rather she was using the phone because she was unable to use her computer. 

And Matty, I do wholeheartedly hope that you never experience what American women are capable of.  Unfortunately I've experienced "sleeping around" two times more than I ever thought I would.  Indeed I was blindsided twice in my lifetime and I no longer possess unlimited trust. 

Someone told me many years ago: "Oh, you're just over-reacting, I'm sure there's nothing to that."  Well, in fact she was sleeping around--end of story.  Such is life these days. 

It's odd, most people say that more guys cheat on women, but in my experience, it's quite the other way around.

I have no idea what kind of phone she has.  I just wondered if anyone else has ever had this sort of thing happen.  It just didn't seem possible to me as the data, it seems to me, is on the WLM server, not the phone--but I wasn't sure.

mmh yes I think you are overreacting. If she was seeing/chatting with another guy I think she would be more careful. Don't you think? She simply wouldn't write anything at all so you or the other guy don't know about it.

But to clear out your suspicions, it happened to me many times with eBuddy. It would litterally set the picture of the previous account that was online.

Let's say account abcd@hotmail.com was online before

Then account 1234@hotmail.com has the same picture and status as account abcd... around 20 secs later it all changes and becomes back to normal.

relax man :P

This post was edited on 03-11-2012 at 09:07 PM by deyapretty.
03-11-2012 09:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: