What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Unable to start webcam session/Error 0x8ac70013 SOLVED!!!

Unable to start webcam session/Error 0x8ac70013 SOLVED!!!
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. Happy  Unable to start webcam session/Error 0x8ac70013 SOLVED!!!
I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 connected to an XP SP3 PC with WLM 2009 Build 14.0.8117.416  .
The webcam is working fine and I'm able to start video conference with some contacts. However with certain contacts I'm unable to start the webcam, the following message is displayed in the chat window when I click the Camera icon:

"Messenger is not available right now. Please try again later. (0x8ac70013)"

If the contact will initiate the session the cam will start for a fractional second and then close.

Any suggestions? Thanks

This post was edited on 03-19-2012 at 08:52 AM by alegator.
03-18-2012 09:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: Unable to start webcam session/Error 0x8ac70013
I can't believe it! After 2 years suffering from this problem I finally found the solution!. The culprit was Vmware's Network connection. I disabled it and now it works fine. Here is the link to the solution, I want to share it just in case you're having the same issue.
(Credit goes to George Kelaidis):

I had the same problem. Every time I was trying to make a video call I was getting

Messenger is not available right now. Please try again later. Error (0x8ac70013)

Many posts were referring that the problem was mcafee Advisor but I didn't had any Mcafee Programs installed.

I had vmware though! For me the problem was solved when I disabled WMNET1 and VMNET8.

Start - Connect to - Show all connections

WMNET1 - disable

VMNET8  - disable

Video call is back!

I guess it's a WLM problem after all and Microsoft should do something to fix it!

Hope it helped.

In Vista and Windows 7 one way to "Show all connections" is the following

1. Go to your desktop

2. right click

3. at the menu that will appear go to "create"

4. chose shortcut

5. At the window that will appear asking you to type the location of the file type

C:\windows\system32\ncpa.cpl

6. click next

7. at the next step type a name like “Show all network” or whatever you want, it doesn’t matter and click “end”

You are done!

Now click the icon you just created on your desktop and you will see all your connections then you can follow the steps and disable the

WMNET1

VMNET8

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/...81b7c941ea7?page=1
03-19-2012 08:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: