What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Some contacts can't be seen nor communicated with on my WLM even though they see me o

Some contacts can't be seen nor communicated with on my WLM even though they see me o
Author: Message:
Nelandir

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Some contacts can't be seen nor communicated with on my WLM even though they see me o
G'day!
Firstly, I apologize if this issue has already been resolved in a different thread. In that case, could an admin please redirect me to that thread?
I am asking about the issue here because I already tried Microsoft Answers (till couple of days ago Windows Live Solution Center) and they haven't helped me thus far. Note that I did wait for their help a long time. Anyway, I thought someone here might help me out. Give me a Messenger Plus script to fix the issue or something.
To avoid writing the same or similar stuff again, I am going to paste the issue description I wrote on Microsoft Answers:

Question Summary
I have a question about Windows Live Messenger contacts
Please provide your impacted Email address :
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Which version of Windows Live Messenger are you using ?
Version 2009 (14.0.8117.416)
Choose your Operating System version :
Windows 7

Additional Details

Greetings!
The problem is pretty much what the description says - I just can't see nor communicate with some of my contacts when logged in Windows Live Messenger. I would like to point out that everything works fine when I'm connected to Windows Live through another messenger (i.e. Ebuddy, Xfire and Pidgin).
I noticed the problem years ago. To (try to) fix it, I tried, adding the contact again (usually it says that I can't add him because he's already in my contact list though when he messages me, I get the message "unknown person sent you a message" or something like that and I'm unable to write him back), using different Windows Live Messenger versions (i.e. 2009, 2011 and probably 8.5) creating a new Windows Live ID (after a short period of time, he disappeared again), reinstalling Windows and formatting the hard drive(s). Nothing had worked, but I stopped worrying since he seemed to be the only contact I couldn't communicate with - he's never changed his Windows Live ID (has been using the same one from early 2000s, yes first for MSN Messenger) and is stubbornly refusing to change it.
However, a few days ago, I noticed the same thing has happened to me with another contact. Who knows how many of my contacts I can't see for no reason though I'm guessing it's just those two because I see them often when I'm connected through Xfire, Ebuddy or Pidgin. Moreover, it seems this thing can happen to me with any other contact.
No, the mentioned contacts are not on my block list and neither am I on theirs. If that were the case, I wouldn't be able to chat with them normally through other messengers.
Contacts that (I know) I can't see are *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. My Windows Live ID is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (though I guess you can see that above, it never hurts to repeat yourself :) )
Anyway, can anybody help me? Help would indeed be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

P.S. I use Windows 7 32-bit if that helps.

So can anybody help me? Thank you in advance!
03-30-2012 06:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Some contacts can't be seen nor communicated with on my WLM even though they see me o
Does it work using a web messenger?

There isn't much we can do nor a script could do. We aren't Microsoft as you likely already have guessed.
03-30-2012 07:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nelandir

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Some contacts can't be seen nor communicated with on my WLM even though they see me o
Everything works fine on Web Messenger. Everything works fine on every thing except Windows Live Messenger as far as I can tell.
I know you are not Microsoft. I tried Microsoft first :)
03-30-2012 07:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: