What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! event viewer

Messenger Plus! event viewer
Author: Message:
fragchan

O.P. Messenger Plus! event viewer
I have been browsing the forums but i couldn't find my problem so here it goes...
Sometimes when im bored i check event viewer to see what my contacts did/songs they were listenning to, but i ocasionally find these wierd notifications that say that someone of my contacts changed his display picture but they didnt even log in that day and also when that happens i check their picture and it did not change and theres no notification on the "contacts news feed" thing of wlm

Any thoughts on what this could be?

-------------------------
Edit
Forgot to add that this happens most of the time to the same contacts, one that logs in almost every day (but doesnt change the picture when i initiate a conversation) and another one that very rarely logs in

This post was edited on 04-14-2012 at 09:27 PM by fragchan.
04-14-2012 07:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! event viewer
I think this is Microsoft's servers acting up. Display pictures are cached locally, Messenger will refresh them from time to time. I don't think Plus! actually checks if the display picture changed visually, but just reports the cache was updated.

Do you have any Plus! scripts installed? If so try disabling those temporarily and see if it improved. Although the chance of a script interfering is probably small.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-16-2012 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
fragchan

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! event viewer
I don't think i have any scripts added since my plus! is pretty much default, just installed and didnt change a single thing if i recall.
But i guess its exactly what you said first since when i update Messenger Plus! all my contacts info "disappears" and only then updates the info gradually contact by contact
04-16-2012 08:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Wait...Plus! by itself doesn't log contacts changing display pictures...does it? :/
04-17-2012 02:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
As far as I know Plus! does not contain anything related to display picture changes. So, if such stuff is reported in the event viewer, it must come from somewhere else (a script?)...

I was wrong.
Plus! does contain an event for display picture changes (or rather 'cache changes' as Menthix said).

This post was edited on 04-19-2012 at 06:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-19-2012 06:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: