What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » No more changelog?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
No more changelog?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: No more changelog?
quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Let us know if the prompt to update continues and send us a screenshot.
tbh, a screenshot is quite useless in this case as it will simply state there is a new update. It does not show the http requests nor the returned data from the online update scripts... which is what is important to debug I think.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Originally posted by PedroGabriel
Since February my msgplus asked 4 times to update (and I made all updates)

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
here has not been a new release of the Messenger Plus! software for Windows Live Messenger since February
Who's lying?
Nobody....

There indeed were no updates since februari (this last update to 5.50 set aside - and sponsor flavors set aside).

But the thing is, which I have reported long LONG before too, that the auto-update system (more precisely the autoupdate.php script used to check for updates) is screwed up somehow and does not always return the proper thing....

Not to mention that after all this time the manual update check script is still not in sync with the autoupdate thing either (it offers a different very old version, after a few redirections - making the update window pop up yet again, etc).

Or, in certain cases (eg: if you have build 750) the manual update says there is no new version (it returns build 702 as latest, while there have been many more builds since build 750).

etc etc... way too much for a user to try and report all... it would be way more productive to actually debug those scripts once and for all instead of depending on users to put hours of time into testing/checking all the possebilities and then taking the effort to report it all in detail.... but... oh well.....

This post was edited on 08-03-2012 at 09:46 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-03-2012 09:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: