What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! 5.5 for Windows Live Messenger released

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 5.5 for Windows Live Messenger released
Author: Message:
MELERIX

Undecided  RE: Messenger Plus! 5.5 for Windows Live Messenger released
I have troubles with this version too, my report here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=99493
07-29-2012 06:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.5 for Windows Live Messenger released
Isn't it a big jump in version number considering (as far as I can tell) the only thing added was some video effects?

Disappointed with there being no testing (wasn't there a big thing about this before?).

As Cookie said, translations are vital for each release, not only to add the text for new features, but to correct any previous mistakes.

To make things worse, there are at least 3 people reporting WLM has stopped working correctly with Plus!. Given the number small percentage of users that will actually take the time to register on the forums and post a bug, the problem is going to be far more widespread. It's something that could have been prevented with just 10 minutes of beta testing... At the bare minimum see if people can use something before releasing to the general public.

We've had a post on these forums mentioning some drivers being installed. I'm guessing these are to do with the webcam and video effects. It is possible that problems are being caused either by the drivers of the fact that they aren't installed properly then? To make things worse, we, the people users turn to for help have had no idea that drivers where even going to be installed... How can we possibly provide assistance to problems we aren't even aware should exist?

I've got a lot more to rant about, but this isn't the time or place. Can somebody please let us know exactly what the hell has gone on and why?
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
07-29-2012 08:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Bad PR is good PR, right guys?

Guys?
07-29-2012 09:53 AM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 5.5 for Windows Live Messenger released
We're investigating the issue regarding the driver for the virtual camera and Windows Live Messenger 2009.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

07-29-2012 12:45 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.5 for Windows Live Messenger released
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:
Originally posted by goku262002
Whats going on?

Due to some technical issues to comply with Skype, Yuna needed to make some changes to Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger regarding the virtual camera  (that affected Skype as well).  Therefore, we released this version without translating and external (community)  testing.  The translations will be done in the future.

The problems reported about the latest version are being investigated by developers. 
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

07-29-2012 01:15 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Due to some technical issues to comply with Skype, Yuna needed to make some changes to Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger regarding the virtual camera  (that affected Skype as well).

How can something that affects Plus' compliance with Skype affect Skype itself too?

quote:
Therefore, we released this version without translating and external (community)  testing.  The translations will be done in the future.

This is the problem, the reason we're all so upset. Any developer knows that any new or modified code needs to be tested (especially things such as drivers). Errors are bad for business. The only thing they accomplish is driving people to the forums to complain. Trust me when I say, that rather unintuitively, the less activity there is on the forums, the better the program is working (in most cases).

What's released know is a semi-translated product, meaning that people who speak other languages will not be able to use or will have difficulty using the new features.

It seems like a complete shambles. It's not the developers that need to be investigating, it's whoever is in charge of signing off the release. It was obviously not ready, tested or translated making this yet another dubious release and marks a decline in overall quality.
07-29-2012 04:15 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Therefore, we released this version without translating and external (community)  testing.  The translations will be done in the future.
This is the 4th or 5th time this has happened? Each time its been stated, "It won't happen again". Well, it just did happen again.

No wonder your userbase is going down the shitter.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
07-29-2012 07:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
goku262002

10 Years! Still going strong.

36 / Male / Flag
Ok. So in the meantime do I just switch back to a previous version?
07-29-2012 11:29 PM
MELERIX

somebody knows how revert to previus version ?

I can't use WLM 2009 in WXP SP3 with this new MsgPlus version :S

This post was edited on 07-30-2012 at 12:58 AM by MELERIX.
07-30-2012 12:56 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by goku262002
Ok. So in the meantime do I just switch back to a previous version?

quote:
Originally posted by MELERIX
somebody knows how revert to previus version ?

I can't use WLM 2009 in WXP SP3 with this new MsgPlus version :S

If it doesn't work, just uninstall from "Add/Remove Programs" and find a link to download the older version. Unfortunately, the previous version isn't linked to on the official site and I wouldn't recommend a download from anywhere else. My official advice, if you want it up and running without risk, but don't mind losing a few features would be to download Messenger Plus! Live 4.9 from the official site until a more suitable version is released.

I would also make sure to send an email to support@yunasoftware.com letting them know of you situation and also the importance of testing software before release. They don't seem to like to listen to us
07-30-2012 01:34 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: