What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I have a problem with options MsgPlus

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
I have a problem with options MsgPlus
Author: Message:
teco

44 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: I have a problem with options MsgPlus
Congratulations. Problem solved with the new version of Messenger Plus! v5.50.0.761

Thank you! :D
Tiago Ferreira
07-26-2012 01:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: I have a problem with options MsgPlus
quote:
Originally posted by teco
Congratulations. Problem solved with the new version of Messenger Plus! v5.50.0.761

Thank you! :D
good to hear.

But to come back to whom is/was to blame.... in reality it still was/is a problem with using A-patch though, not a problem with Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! worked as it should. What the new version of Plus! probably did was making some changes in how it does what it does because another program "messes up" the original code from WLM used by Messenger Plus!. It's fixing something which another program messes up.
Sort of what Microsoft is doing for decades: fixing things and making things compatible with programs which actually do not behave like they should... all to make sure the user doesn't notice anything wrong.
However, due to the nature of A-Patch, they too can't do much about it; as it is in fact a user decision to mess up WLM's original code or not.

Also note that such problems will always exist though! As long as there are programs messing up the code of WLM (and users using such programs) there will always be some problem manifesting itself in programs which expect code to be original and untouched.

It's like complaining to a company 'A' that their aftermarket machine part doesn't fit on that machine from company 'B' because you used your hamer on that machine. Of course company 'A' could make it so that their part will still fit after bashing it, but who is to blame?? Not the company making that hamer.... but also not company 'A' though! However, what that company from that hamer should/could state is that by using their tool you will void any warrenty on the product using it on and will probably brake parts in such a way that nothing will fit anymore.

-------

PS: teco, I think your screenshots in your first post are reversed, no? The one "before A-Patch" should actually be the one "after using A-patch" and vice-versa.

This post was edited on 07-27-2012 at 07:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-26-2012 10:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
teco

44 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: I have a problem with options MsgPlus
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

PS: teco, I think your screenshots in your first post are reversed, no? The one "before A-Patch" should actually be the one "after using A-patch" and vice-versa.

Fixed screenshots! Thank you :)
Tiago Ferreira
07-27-2012 05:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: