What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » MP! 5.5 Bugs

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MP! 5.5 Bugs
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. MP! 5.5 Bugs
I'm not going to post these in the BETA section as we have not had a BETA session. These bugs are live in the current release

Bugs found in the installed software:
  • "Video Overlays" panel does not display if not installed and the option is disabled. No error or information message is shown.
  • "Video Effects" panel does not display if not installed and the option is disabled. No error or information message is shown.
  • On page 2 of 4 of the "Features Tour", despite the name change to "Plugins", the text still refers to the scripting engine. Although this is correct, it confuses the terminology. A Plugin is not made through a scripting engine, a script is. This is one of the big arguments that was put forward regarding the name change.
  • Web pages open in a non-default browser (IE 10) [source]

Bugs found in the installer:
  • Deselecting the option to accept the terms and conditions of the sponsor should also deselect the other options. I would say this is just my personal opinion, but this is also how the majority of setup programs work. It just serves to confuse the user.
  • After deselecting the sponsor, the button to continue says "Accept and Install". This is misleading. It should simply say "Next". It is ambiguous as to what we are accepting.
  • The install features adverts that look like official WLM or MP! features [source]. If I had not spotted the quick redirect and had not been affiliated with the site, I would not have known that it was a 3rd party.
  • Web pages open in a non-default browser (IE 10) [source]

A special note regarding the website:
It would appear as though the "Thank you" page for installing MP! now features a "Live Support" assistant called "Vanessa" (I really hope that's an inside joke by the way). This "person" seems hell-bent on getting me to click her special "Like" button. As if their life depends on it. After sending a message, she admits she's not real, but we can get in touch with support by clicking a link or she can get them to contact us back. Fair enough. What seems like a big slap in the face though is that the support options the link offers do not include the forums. I find this insulting and more than a little odd, seeing as this is where most of your support comes from. The "live agent" that you refer to, as far as I can tell as the IRC channel. No offence to the guys on there, but I don't even think the support channels are even monitored any more and in my experience 95% of the users leave before getting answers. So, the only options you're giving to people is to either wait for you to get back to them during business hours, where they'll most likely be at work (if you even mean US business hours), or they'll go to a seemingly empty chat room and get no help at all. Vanessa is not needed. IRC is not needed. All that is happening is that people are unable  to get support and the forums are making it look like everything is running smoothly, rather than helping people.

The reason I find this so offensive is that the forum isn't even considered a support option. Not only does it make me personally feel cast aside, it make me feel that the community is being swept under the rug while you concentrate on getting new younger users who will eventually pay for premium content. This is just how it feels and it's fine for you to say that's not what's going on. Unfortunately, I don't think I can make bug reports regarding Yuna, community liaisons or general business practices, so this is going to have to do for now.

Transcript of live support:
quote:
Originally posted by Vanessa

Vanessa says:

Hi! It's great that you've installed Messenger Plus.

Vanessa says:
Please take a moment to [Image: fb_like_button.gif] us!

User says:
who am I talking to?

Vanessa says:
Vanessa.. I'm a representative of Messenger Plus

Vanessa says:
it will only take a second...

Vanessa says:
If you enjoy all that Messenger Plus has to offer, please [Image: fb_like_button.gif] our page!

Vanessa says:
just click this button:[Image: fb_like_button.gif]!

User says:
you sound like a bot

Vanessa says:
Well, actually I am a virtual representative and I'm here to forward your questions and inquiries to the Messenger Plus support team.

Vanessa says:
If you want to speak with a live agent, you can leave me your details and I will have them contact you, during business hours, or you can click here to contact them directly.

User says: 
so you're not real then

Vanessa says:
and messenger plus is completely secure and we only use the very latest encryption technology to secure all your personal information.

Vanessa says:
Hmm..

Vanessa says:
Actually I am a Virtual Representative for Messenger Plus

Vanessa says:
If you want to speak with a live agent, you can leave me your details and I will have them contact you, or you can click here.

Vanessa says:
All you have to do is click here: [Image: fb_like_button.gif] to like us now!

<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
07-30-2012 01:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
schippie

RE: MP! 5.5 Bugs
Im not sure where i should post this, since this is my first post and all. But ever since the update im constantly getting disconnected from MSN.

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, and it never happend before. But since the update today i have in the time of about an 1 - 1,5h been disconnected like 3 - 4 times.

This post was edited on 08-01-2012 at 07:26 PM by schippie.
08-01-2012 07:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
How about the fact that you purchased a product called Messenger Plus! and you don't even call it by it's name.

You're really dropping the ball.

I thought this was fitting:
[Image: dropping-the-ball-what-an-idiot-demotiva...681514.jpg]

This post was edited on 08-02-2012 at 01:42 AM by matty.
08-02-2012 01:40 AM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
If we're resorting to image macros, this plus the 5.5 release cycle make this appropriate too:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1021133]

.jpg File Attachment: dfp.jpg (81.76 KB)
This file has been downloaded 483 time(s).
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
08-02-2012 01:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
Thanks Spunky for the report.  The developers are looking into the issues you raised.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

08-02-2012 11:00 AM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
Hi Spunky

Most of the issues you raised do not specifically deal with the recent version but are issues inherent in previous versions.   Regarding the following:
Bugs found in the installed software:

[*] "Video Effects" panel does not display if not installed and the option is disabled. No error or information message is shown.

The video driver issues are now solved.  If the driver fails to install for any reason, it won’t continuously remind the user about it.

(You can reinstall Messenger Plus! and reinstall from the website to get the fix).

Thanks again for your report.   
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

08-02-2012 12:19 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Most of the issues you raised do not specifically deal with the recent version but are issues inherent in previous versions
Why release a new version without correcting the previous bugs? This is not something Cyril would have ever done... and he was one man.
08-02-2012 12:49 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Most of the issues you raised do not specifically deal with the recent version but are issues inherent in previous versions
Why release a new version without correcting the previous bugs? This is not something Cyril would have ever done... and he was one man.
Some companies still tend to think that adding new features is way more important than fixing 'old' bugs, to gain more users, to keep interest, and to keep the software 'fresh' or whatever. Not something only Yuna is guilty of though..... but so so wrong imho...

But, yeah, that's such an easy trap to fall into if you are obligated to push out new stuff each month or so.... Something Patchou indeed never did; new features are important (to keep interest etc), but not _that_ important.

I would take a perfect working product with less features anyday over any half-working product with lots of features. But that is maybe just me and my old-school thinking....

As such, and sorry to Nathalie for this, but I read this:
quote:
Most of the issues you raised do not specifically deal with the recent version but are issues inherent in previous versions.
as: "who cares.... they are there since a while and not many users reported problems with it, we will look into it when we have the time and resources (as in: never). We are focussing on pushing out new features anyways"

This post was edited on 08-03-2012 at 10:01 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-03-2012 09:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
as: "who cares.... they are there since a while and not many users reported problems with it, we will look into it when we have the time and resources (as in: never). We are focussing on pushing out new features, that you won't test because we don't value you in any way shape or form, anyways"
08-03-2012 12:43 PM
Scary674

have a bug too: after update to current version, wlm will not end correctly. i click right on taskbar icon, then i choose close wlm and it will complete closing. after msgplus update same way, wlm will stll open. nothing happend. i can only it complete ending about windows taskmanager and kill the process :(
08-03-2012 09:52 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: