What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Webcam plug-in

Webcam plug-in
Author: Message:
Freakerz

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Webcam plug-in
I have installed the newest version of Messenger Plus!, and as i opened a conversation window, i was asked to install a webcam plug-in.

Now, how do i uninstall it again, without complete uninstall Messenger Plus?
08-12-2012 05:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Gothiko

RE: Webcam plug-in
I am also have the same issue, in that i installed the webcam plugins for filters and effects, but now i dont want them. i have repaired Messenger Plus, i have also re-installed it, but i still have ( for some unknown reason) multiple copies of messenger plus! virtual camera in my list of cameras. this is a problem for me, because if i am trying to select a webcam to use, say on the internet, and i have open the drop down menu, i cannot scroll down or access my actual camera due to Messenger Plus! virtual camera blocking up the menu. help?!
08-12-2012 05:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Again another reason Yuna why you shouldn't release an application without it being tested.

Device Manager > Imaging Devices > Remove the virtual cameras.
08-12-2012 10:49 PM
Gothiko

unfortunately, the cameras are not showing up in the device manager, anywhere! yet ive checked the page which asks for use of my camera and microphone, and i still have the list of plus cameras :( could it be that i need to restart my computer and my browser? because i dont turn my computer off, merely put it on standby overnight?
08-13-2012 02:30 PM
soraxsara

hey i was want to remove messnger plus webcam too
but when i saw this topic i feel bad because the webcam wasn't in
Imaging Devices :P
i tried to search and i found it :
go to Device Manager > Sound , video and game controllers
you will found
Messenger Plus! Virtual Camera
right click
Uninstall
done .
09-01-2012 12:08 PM
Gothiko

i have NO idea how i did it, but i now no longer have the messenger cam plug in installed on my computer! happy days :) but i went into the control panel > programs > uninstall program and then deleted any relevant programs related to messenger plus! cam plug ins, not to mention i re-installed plus! 5 for good effect, and that hopefully has done the trick (i have also gone through at least 2 update restarts so that may have had something to do with it)

and as a final note, i downloaded a piece of nifty software recently called glary utilities, which cleans up your computer. i suggest this for potential getting rid of anything you dont want!
09-01-2012 06:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: