What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Online logs: Discontinuation of service

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Online logs: Discontinuation of service
Author: Message:
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Online logs: Discontinuation of service

Online logs [url] http://www.msgplus.net/Features/Messenger-Plus-Live#LogStorage[/url] lets you view your online Windows Live Messenger chat log directly from the msgplus.net website when logged into your Messenger Plus! account.

By the end of November, Yuna Software will discontinue support for chat logs online for Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger.  We are developing a function so that you can download your chat log history.   

Although you can still save your chat logs online in the meantime, we strongly recommend that you start saving your chat logs locally.

Please keep your eye on posts in the forum for further information regarding this issue.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

08-20-2012 03:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service
Wow...

One step forward in the right direction with cloud based computing and 10 giant steps back...

This post was edited on 08-20-2012 at 03:50 PM by matty.
08-20-2012 03:46 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service
quote:
Originally posted by matty
Wow...

One step forward in the right direction with cloud based computing and 10 giant steps back...

Exactly, a couple steps backward

Why is this being discontinued?

Really starting to lose faith in MsgPlus! Since the Yuna takeover/sale :(
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
08-20-2012 05:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I am not using it so it won't affect me. But I am wondering how much people and what percentage of Plus! users were using it? Can you give statistics about this feature?
08-20-2012 06:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I am not using it so it won't affect me. But I am wondering how much people and what percentage of Plus! users were using it? Can you give statistics about this feature?
Chances are they won't. But I am really wondering what the reasoning is behind this. What it likely comes down to is the bottom line. The service is likely costing them too much money.

Next thing you're going to see is in app advertisements. You'll be in the Preferences & Options window and will see a text advertisement somewhere.
08-20-2012 06:22 PM
ethanp

quote:
The service is likely costing them too much money.

lol.
08-20-2012 09:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Very slow, unreliabe, not secure, etc.... And don't get me started on the actual user interface of the online chat logging feature... very very inconvenient and user unfriendly....

And I suspect, judging from bug reports and people complaining on these forums, that I'm far from the only one thinking that. As such, I guess that the usage level has seriously dropped. Making it also not worth the costs anymore...

Just my 2 cents of speculation....
I once used it too, until I got fed up with all the problems related to it, so....

So, imho, removing that feature is long overdue (but I do hope that someday a better online logging system will be created.... one where you can choose your host, etc).

quote:
Next thing you're going to see is in app advertisements. You'll be in the Preferences & Options window and will see a text advertisement somewhere.
Nothing new. Patchou did that before too (Plus! 3? or was it Plus! 2 ???). Either way, people have even suggested this as an alternative for the adware. So, it wont be too bad if they did that.
I would welcome something like that over adware anyday tbh (as long as it doesn't "take over" the settings dialogs and as long as it doesn't slow the viewing of dialogs down) .

This post was edited on 08-20-2012 at 09:23 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-20-2012 09:21 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
A step back? Sure. But like Cookie said, it wasn't great to begin with. The cost was probably too much. My concern is that a huge portion of the userbase (read: nearly all) don't use the forums and will probably have no indication that their logs will be unavailable after a certain date. I think we're going to get a lot of posts about this from annoyed and angry users.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-21-2012 11:00 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Nothing new. Patchou did that before too (Plus! 3? or was it Plus! 2 ???). Either way, people have even suggested this as an alternative for the adware. So, it wont be too bad if they did that.
I would welcome something like that over adware anyday tbh (as long as it doesn't "take over" the settings dialogs and as long as it doesn't slow the viewing of dialogs down) .
I don't recall Cyril doing this at all! And you're right it is a welcomed change.

I was logged out of WLM and continually received Plus! promotions while logged out. I will screenshot it again but seriously it is ridiculous the software is so riddled with advertisements!

I also love how the thread gets a notification then no responses...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1021331]

.jpg File Attachment: wtf.jpg (121.67 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1097 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-21-2012 at 09:07 PM by matty.
08-21-2012 12:01 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
Patchou never did that Cookie. There was concept art of it though, i probably have a backup of that image somewhere :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
08-24-2012 07:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: