What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN will not open

Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
MSN will not open
Author: Message:
megaboost

RE: MSN will not open
My advice would be to either re-build Windows from scratch or use another messenger other than Windows Live.

Micro$oft know of this problem but can't be bothered to send out a fix. Isn't it just great that everything works fine until a Micro$oft windows update happens and then...... Obliteration!!!

Maybe its because I actually run my OpSys with a Geniune License? Maybe I should go get a hooky License...Maybe then it will work but then again who knows what goes on behind the walls of Micro$oft?

Also it is a free program from them... maybe that's why they can't be bothered?

Oh Well! back to Yahoo Messenger for me.... at least it works 100%

Good Luck everyone! I think you're gonna need it.
03-07-2011 12:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
BandAid3030

I would love to tell you that I've found a way to fix this, but I can't seem to find the correction required.

It appears that those affected are almost exclusively using Windows Vista, and Live Messenger 11 is built for Windows 7.

Try installing an older version of Messenger, such as Messenger 9 if you want to use Messenger.

-BA
03-07-2011 04:40 PM
Dr.Rora

Do you mean that living with an old messenger is a good way to overcome the errors??
I don't think I can stand this.

I still have my problem back every now and then so I have to run system restore every time to fix it.

I think Microsoft should take a more active part.
This forum was made to post problems so as they would be able to help us.This must be found in the real world.

Saying that messenger 11 is designed for windows 7 isn't an excuse.

These all 6 pages aren't enough to try to find a solution of the error by Microsoft ??!!!!!!!!
03-08-2011 01:16 AM
BandAid3030

I'm not going to be servicing these threads anymore, because I've exhausted all of my knowledge on the subject and it appears that we're going to have to be patient with Microsoft or suffer through an older more Vista compatible version of Messenger.

Just a note, however, that these forums are not an extension of Microsoft. They are put together by some good people that love the software. Nobody on here should be the focus of your ire, and you may consider bringing more humility to the table when using their website to solve a problem that they have no hand in causing.

Maybe I have misinterpreted your post, but you seem to be a little belligerent.
03-08-2011 05:15 AM
nmellor4

48 / Male / Flag
I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and 2005 and have tried all the uninstalling and installing as suggested in this thread with no avail. I also did the system restore thing when this issued first came up but system restore would error out. Also I noticed that Visual c++ 2005 doesnt completely uninstall after I uninstal it I refresh my programs list and it is still no matter how many times I uninstall. I dont know if this might be why this fix doesnt work. Sorry I dont blame anyone for microsofts short comings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need to know the Visual C++ applications on my computer I can get them for you.
03-08-2011 09:08 AM
longo

RE: RE: MSN will not open
quote:
Originally posted by jennyspider
Thankyou :)
I got "Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.1" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."

and the event ID is 33

AND WHAT ABOUT IF THE ID is 78???
05-10-2011 06:28 PM
Dr.Rora

Please longo, hurry up and do the system restore before doing it later losing much of your data.
The problem 78 is as mine and I rapidly do the system restore so as not to lose a lot of my data.
try it . GOOD LUCK (Y)

05-11-2011 12:22 AM
Macfe

BandAid!!
Ive tryed post No.8 as you suggest! It didnt work... Help please!
07-07-2011 03:34 PM
Renatuh

35 / Male / Flag
I have the same problem, I have Windows Vista 32, and the Windows live just simply stop working I used it everyday. Now today doesen't launch, It gives that error "configuration side-by-side bla blabla" and I searched in Event Viewer It apears me this:

Falha ao gerar o contexto de activação para "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe". Erro no ficheiro de manifesto ou de política  na linha . Uma versão de componente requerida pela aplicação entra em conflito com outra versão de componente já activa. Os componentes em conflito são:. Componente 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_none_5090ab56bcba71c2.manifest. Componente 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest.

The ID is 78, sorry Im portuguese so my windows is in PT, let me know If u guys need me to translate the log thing I just copy paste it =X sorry.Hope u guys could help me, I need my msn back.

This post was edited on 09-27-2012 at 06:35 AM by Renatuh.
09-26-2012 06:28 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: