What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » No video sound when sharing with a friend

No video sound when sharing with a friend
Author: Message:
gdnelson7

– / Male / Flag
O.P. No video sound when sharing with a friend
Greetings to all!

I am using Skype version 5.10.0.116 with version 1.5.0.119 of Messenger Plus! for Skype, on Windows 7 Ultimate O/S. I recently installed Messenger Plus! for Skype for the sole purpose of being able to share a film together with my girlfriend overseas.

We have no problems hearing each other, and I can both see and hear the video, but she can only see it...no sound except when I take my headset off, and allow the sound from the video going through my headphones to bleed over into the microphone. Then she can hear a somewhat distorted version of the video sound. She has no problem hearing me when I am talking to her while the video is playing, but she hears nothing from the video, which I can hear fine as I talk with her while sharing it.

I have checked all the audio and video settings in Skype and Messenger Plus! on both our PCs (I can access hers remotely), but I see no problems. We have used Skype for months, and never had problems with sound in any other situations. It's as if the video signal is being sent to her fine, but the audio signal just isn't being sent (or received) from Skype when sharing a video. Any ideas or suggestions? :)

Thank you for any insight into this problem!
George
10-05-2012 05:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Alston1

33 / Male / Flag
RE: No video sound when sharing with a friend
Yeah I understand your problem because it also happen to me also. Sometimes it make so much noise when you are not talking on skype but the call is continue. I don't find any solution for this problem Even i contact on the skype website. 
10-18-2012 05:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: