What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging]

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging]
Author: Message:
krypton

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging]
I have a question about how Chat Logging works. I have ticked the option "Enable local chat logging" in Messanger Plus! preferences, but when I close Skype the my chat sessions are not saved.
I have also enabled "Preserve my messages chronology" in Skype Privacy Settings.
All my contacs still uses MSN Messanger, is this the reason? In other words, Messanger Plus! supports Chat Logging only between Skype users? Or I must clear the  Skype option "Preserve my messages chronology" to allow Chat Logging of Messanger Plus!?  It's a my hypothesis, because I didn't find any documentation that explains this function in detail.

Thank you very much for the attention. Regards.

edit:

Messanger Plus! for Skype version: 1.5.0.121 (12/06/2012)

Setup of Messenger Plus: Setup-MsgPlus-600.exe - version: 6.00.0.773

Skype™ version: 6.1.0.129

PC's Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate - SP1

This post was edited on 01-15-2013 at 10:41 PM by krypton.
01-15-2013 09:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gnome

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging]
I have same question
01-18-2013 09:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dw24

Live is not worth without a log

32 / Female / Flag
I have the same question, could someone answer us please?
01-28-2013 04:17 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
It does indeed seem Plus! is not logging any conversation which Skype has over the Messenger network. You can identify these type of conversation by the 'via Messenger' line at the bottom of the conversation window.

I am not sure why this happens, but Trillian has been having some issues with Messenger contacts over Skype too. The blame it on the Skype development kit (SkypeKit) which has to be updated by Skype to support this. Not sure if Messenger Plus for Skype uses the same kit.

Conversations 'via Skype' should still be logged. If those aren't logged, make sure Plus! is running properly (you see the Plus! sidebar) and logging is enabled in the Plus! settings.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-28-2013 02:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
neilogden

Is there any prospect of this being solved?  I like to keep all the logs of chats.  Skye contact chats are being kept, it is just Messenger contacts and although they still appear within the chat window for 6 months it would be good to have the chat log fully working at least by the time WLM disappears?
01-29-2013 09:01 PM
dw24

Live is not worth without a log

32 / Female / Flag
There it seems that the app it causing another problem, and it is that whenever I try to open skype it delays way too much too. It is not just the chat log...
01-30-2013 06:16 AM
venom_zx

if i had to take a guess. the developers might wait till WLM disappears. then there won't be any messenger contacts to log!

i'm also missing the logging feature. it's one of the main reasons i like msg plus. i haven't been able to confirm yet for myself, whether it does work with skype contacts

This post was edited on 02-04-2013 at 03:44 PM by venom_zx.
02-03-2013 03:09 PM
Keenado

I've noticed something else regarding the chat logs and I'm wondering if anyone else had the same problem - when chatting with another person via their Skype account, I receive messages normally, let's call them X, Y and Z. Then when I take a look at the logs, I can only see messages X and Y, and message Z is nowhere to be found. It's not the first time I've noticed that some lines are missing for no apparent reason. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I've experienced having two folders for the same person for their Skype account. Like, one is pretty much regular, and the other one just has some (not all) messages from a certain date, and it's quite weird because in both of the files I have 29th of January and it's all mixed up. I don't understand why this happens, but I hope you might be able to find out what the issue is and fix it eventually. Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Another thing. I've just noticed that sometimes full days aren't saved anywhere. I really like this feature of plus, I love your logs, but seriously, what's wrong with it for Skype? :( And Skype's history recording sucks on its own. Makes me quite sad I won't be able to go through my logs properly anymore.

This post was edited on 02-20-2013 at 10:40 PM by Keenado.
02-09-2013 11:05 AM
Dantiscus

So....has anything been changed in Version 1.8 about this topic?...Aka save MSN/HOTMAIL  chat logs USING A HOTMAIL ACCOUNT WHILE USING SKYPE + MSG PLUS?

Like many others would say, MSG Plus is the only reason for me to still use Skype or MSN Messenger (until this last one dies... in 4 days..or 5) for the Chatlogs and stuff...hopefully it gets fixed SOON

Also...if possible?,an e-mail icon for Hotmail users USING SKYPE with Notifications (and a number next to the icon) at the Skype window (or MSG Plus tab) with Logitech's LCD Keyboards notifications (if you know what i mean)

The end is near...X_X
04-04-2013 10:52 AM
Papillori

– / Other / Flag
I've same problem. I tested something and this problem is just for a msn user. I created a skype profile (just skype, no msn) and I was even added I (another address) and with a skype profil, I've history of chat sessions...

(I'm understandable? I do not speak English a basis, sorry)

Je poste aussi en français, au cas où qu'il y ai des bilingue ou des gens dans mon cas.

J'ai le même problème. J'ai testé quelque chose et ce problème viens juste pour les utilisateurs de msn. J'ai crée un compte skype (mais juste Skype) et je me suis ajouté avec une autre adresse (celle de msn). Et avec le compte sur le profile uniquement skype, ça enregistre l'historique.

This post was edited on 04-11-2013 at 08:00 AM by Papillori.
04-11-2013 07:48 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: