What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Continuing to use Messenger after April 8

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Continuing to use Messenger after April 8
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Continuing to use Messenger after April 8
Different dates have been communicated in different places. They'll probably do it in phases. But I really don't think petitions will have any kind of effect, certainly not at this stage.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-09-2013 07:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Different dates have been communicated in different places. They'll probably do it in phases. But I really don't think petitions will have any kind of effect, certainly not at this stage.
And certainly not with just 351 signers...
sorry but lol... I was expecting a petition with like thousands of signers

quote:
Originally posted by Tsukimaru
Seems the petitions are doing something then.... Which is what I was hoping for.
yup, wasting space on the net, nothing more I'm afraid.

As one commenter on that petition perfectly illustrates:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Harris
Microsoft has a bad habit of deciding what its customers want. They design OS users that exclude long-time users in favor of younger, hipper, computer illiterate crowds that can't use a keyboard.
And from my point of view this all started to really show when Vista came out and those new Offices with those contra-productive ribbons...
So I hate to see it go too, but those petitions will have no effect what-so-ever I'm afraid. There is no way to stop this.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-10-2013 12:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chattanooga

O.P. RE: RE: Continuing to use Messenger after April 8
quote:
Originally posted by 1Rax
No. I never got any emails from Microsoft that said that. They were suppose to get rid of it by now actually. They pushed back the date to April 8th. They were suppose to get rid of it in March originally.
The transition of phasing users from Messenger to Skype isn't something that could happen in just one day. It's a huge migration process, which is why it's supposed to take between April 8 and 30.

This post was edited on 04-10-2013 at 04:26 AM by Chattanooga.
04-10-2013 04:26 AM
1Rax

38 / – / Flag
lol Well so far Microsoft seems to be Trolling big time about the whole process.
04-11-2013 04:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
So thats why Im still signed in.....

IMO (this is serious), this would have never happened if Patchou was still in charge of Plus!
04-11-2013 02:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
IMO (this is serious), this would have never happened if Patchou was still in charge of Plus!
Oh come on... you can't be serious... how on earth would Patchou have been able to prevent all this????!?!
He is not the ceo nor president of Microsoft you know, he also isn't a member of the board of directors either, etc...
Seriously...
04-11-2013 09:22 PM
1Rax

38 / – / Flag
LOL

wow....
04-12-2013 01:53 AM
Chattanooga

O.P. RE: RE: Continuing to use Messenger after April 8
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Oh come on... you can't be serious... how on earth would Patchou have been able to prevent all this????!?!
He is not the ceo nor president of Microsoft you know, he also isn't a member of the board of directors either, etc...
Seriously...

My thoughts exactly. And I thought the petition was bad.
04-12-2013 03:14 AM
Tsukimaru

RE: RE: Continuing to use Messenger after April 8
quote:
Originally posted by Chattanooga
And so the lurkers come out of the woodwork.

If I recall correctly, the full transition from Messenger to Skype is scheduled to take between April 8 and April 30, so I'm not surprised that Messenger still works. America and other English clients are said to be the first to go, however, so it could happen over the course of the next few days.

The date for transition to skype was April 8th as the shut down date to messenger. It's now April 12th but still low and behold Messenger is working. I'd have to say that the complaints are doing something as messenger was intended to end in March, but didn't. Why? Honestly I can't say lol.

Now I know nothing about April 30th being the final date, but I'll just have to wait until then to see if we can still log in. All American Messenger servers were going down on April 8th so now I'm hoping they have reconsidered.

Time will tell though.

and honestly I'm not sure if it will have any effect or not, but putting it out there can't hurt even in this process of the stage. Maybe it will be in phases, maybe something got set back who knows...I have yet to read anything else past the April 8th date though which strikes me as odd.

As for petitions you would think there would be more, which makes me curious if there is others out in the wide web that are doing the same and it's all just spread out, because such a low number really doesn't add up with how many complaints have been filed on the Skype transition you know.

This post was edited on 04-12-2013 at 09:03 PM by Tsukimaru.
04-12-2013 08:54 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tsukimaru
The date for transition to skype was April 8th as the shut down date to messenger. It's now April 12th but still low and behold Messenger is working. I'd have to say that the complaints are doing something as messenger was intended to end in March, but didn't. Why? Honestly I can't say lol.
Low and behold? This suggests to me that you're surprised.
But, this fits exactly in the road map as was officially announced.

12th April... meaning they just only started!!! Please read the official anouncements instead of basing your thoughts on make-believe, false hopes and wrong information and rumours.

Again, stuff like this is not done by flipping one switch overnight!!!!

So I don't understand why it is so difficult to understand that, and why people still insist in believing in fairy tales and/or jumping to conclusion, after official announcements have already explained most of it. On the other hand, it are posts exactly like some here in this thread that still make people believe they can stop this.

Petitions and the likes are not harmful in the literal sense but they do create serious false hope, not to mention fairy tales, and it is putting wrong ideas in people’s heads (eg: that the complaints help because some can still log in into Messenger). Many posts on this and other forums are the proof of that.

TReKiE has made a nice blog post about this, including links to the official announcements:
http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/the...e-march-15th-2013/

I very strongly suggest to all to read this (and the links of course) before jumping to conclusions like "MS has reconsidered because I can still log in on 12th April".

This post was edited on 04-14-2013 at 11:10 AM by CookieRevised.
04-14-2013 11:05 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: