Shoutbox

Reputation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Reputation (/showthread.php?tid=24262)

Reputation by KeyStorm on 04-25-2004 at 09:00 PM

As we can see, WDZ has added the reputation script. And it can only be used by elites, mods ans admins.
But how does it work, how does it show up, how many points are given each time, are they limitations, will it be extended to other groups, will the first one getting 100 points be given a PS2:grin:?

Please, tell us about it. :)

RE: Reputation by WDZ on 04-25-2004 at 09:42 PM

It's just the default MyBB system. There's nothing special about it. As I said in the other thread, it's temporary until I can get the new system done...

RE: Reputation by bach_m on 04-25-2004 at 09:51 PM

but what are the specifics of the current system?

RE: Reputation by WDZ on 04-25-2004 at 10:01 PM

Every user in the allowed groups can vote on any post they want, but not more than once. They can give it a positive or negative vote, which adds or subtracts a certain number of point's from the poster's overall reputation. Elite votes are one point, mods 2, admins 3.

The images next to posts display the overall reputation of the poster. Red means it's negative, green means positive, gray neutral. If a user has a "very positive" or "very negative" reputation, there will be multiple green or red images.

The groups allowed to vote will not change until I implement the new system, and that has yet to be planned. There are also no special prizes for high reputations.

One final topic: if you have some reputation votes given to you, a new table will appear in usercp.php that shows the type (pos/neg), post, time, and comment (optional) of the latest reputations.

I was hoping you'd figure this stuff out yourself so my fingers could be lazy... :dodgy:

RE: Reputation by KeyStorm on 04-25-2004 at 10:32 PM

And what is the point of the new system? What differences has it?

RE: Reputation by WDZ on 04-25-2004 at 10:47 PM

I dunno yet... like I said, it hasn't been planned. Many people agree that the MyBB system needs changes though... just read that thread... http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20124

I think the main thing will be that you will vote on users, not individual posts. There will also be more stats and options...

RE: Reputation by bach_m on 04-25-2004 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm

no one knows. its not done yet :P
RE: Reputation by KeyStorm on 04-26-2004 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm

no one knows. its not done yet :P
Well, I actually meant : What differences will it have? ;)

All right, question answered :)