Shoutbox

[MSGPlus!Live] Group blocking is missing... AGAIN! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [MSGPlus!Live] Group blocking is missing... AGAIN! (/showthread.php?tid=61473)

[MSGPlus!Live] Group blocking is missing... AGAIN! by polcas on 06-26-2006 at 12:57 AM

Hi all!

I'm wondering why I can't access the "Group Blocking" option by right-clicking a group name on the Messenger main window.  I tried out MSGPlus!Live Beta and I was happy to find that the option had been put back in place where it used to be, but now I'm a little disappointed to find that the final version doesn't have this very useful function there.  I hope it's just a problem of my Messenger but I suspect not.  Is there a good reason for removing something that was working apparently seamlessly in the Beta version?  I'm really intrigued by this.

It seems one just can't have it all.  I'm happy with this new version anyway as I've always been since I started using Plus! soon after this great add-on first came out many years ago.  Congratulations and keep it up.

RE: [MSGPlus!Live] Group blocking is missing... AGAIN! by prashker on 06-26-2006 at 01:06 AM

Group Block has had some problems and so it will be added in a later release :)

RE: [MSGPlus!Live] Group blocking is missing... AGAIN! by vinifreak on 06-26-2006 at 01:26 AM

Any idea when the next release will be released? The block groups functionality is simply the one that I use the most, it sucks but I'll have to install back the older 7.5 msn till you make it available. Hope you do it very soon!
Thanks

RE: [MSGPlus!Live] Group blocking is missing... AGAIN! by CookieRevised on 07-14-2006 at 12:19 AM

There is a bug in Windows Live Messenger itself which prevents the proper working of group (un)blocking. Until this bug isn't fixed by MS, group (un)blocking will not be available.

Also see:

a problem with Block Unblock Group ???
Contact.Group?
Problem with /blockgrp /unblockgrp command
Group Block
crana's reply to What features are missing in Plus! Live? and further
question about blocking groups
blockgrp/unblockgrp - Where did they go?
gullom's reply to Anyone having this problem please post in here
etc...