Shoutbox

[Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 (/showthread.php?tid=81128)

[Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-22-2008 at 12:45 AM

Completely brand new, based on Smile a Mile codes (some of the file names are still the same :P). Need to finish skinning a few more windows...but for the most part it's finished for 9.0 BETA.

[Image: vumwq7.jpg]

I'll need a/some 8.5 testers later on because my 8.5 won't work for some reasons.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by prashker on 01-22-2008 at 12:52 AM

Make the contact list background transparent. Then it'd be sexy :D!

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80...d=875517#pid875517

Then it'd look hawt.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by albert on 01-22-2008 at 01:57 AM

Looks very well, but I would suggest re-designing the contact list window : using the same background all over the places makes it look pretty dull.. :S

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Chancer on 01-22-2008 at 02:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
using the same background all over the places makes it look pretty dull
Agreed. That background looks good in the toast and login window, but not in the convo due to the contact pictures. They cover it's details.
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by djdannyp on 01-22-2008 at 02:43 AM

very nice design

looks nice and polished

i think the existing windows are fine.......only thing i'd say is that something needs to go on the background of the contact list

coming along nicely tho (Y)

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-22-2008 at 03:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
using the same background all over the places makes it look pretty dull..
I see what you mean, but I think I'd rather leave it like this to be consistant. If I find something that I think is exceptional or whatever, then I'll change it.
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

i think the existing windows are fine.......only thing i'd say is that something needs to go on the background of the contact list
I totally agree. I tried experimenting with a semi-transparent image for the contact list background, but unsuccessful. I will try at the stuff at Sam's thread once I get the 8.5 one going (9.0 doesn't seem to be working with that).
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Jimbo on 01-22-2008 at 07:26 AM

I'll Test it on 8.5 for you if you want:)

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Matt-in on 01-22-2008 at 06:03 PM

Thats a Nice Skin though In My Opinion The Windows Vista Stock images such as Aurora and The Ultimate wallpaper thing has just got people so bored that it just feels like and old thing although nice job on it. But if you want to make a WLM Vista Skin You have to make a simple one by not putting ultimate images on a background and adding some cool features I dont know, I know it is not that easy to do these kinda stuff but the thing is Rather than doing the same things I think First think what you want to do and can do then request help from people then make an aweosme skin :)
Thanks,

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Basilis on 01-22-2008 at 06:07 PM

I think it is the same picture from the Ultimate vista by ugosan. Have you asked for his approval?

RE: RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by vikke on 01-22-2008 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I think it is the same picture from the Ultimate vista by ugosan. Have you asked for his approval?
Well.. Actually I think it's property of Microsoft, not the author of another skin. Despite that, I would still ask that skin-author if I had his permission to include it into a similar skin.
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-23-2008 at 02:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
I'll Test it on 8.5 for you if you want:)
Okies thanks, although you'll have to wait quite a while, because I'm really behind in schoolwork right now...(exams start Thursday...:()
quote:
Originally posted by Matt-in
But if you want to make a WLM Vista Skin You have to make a simple one by not putting ultimate images on a background and adding some cool features I dont know, I know it is not that easy to do these kinda stuff but the thing is Rather than doing the same things I think First think what you want to do and can do then request help from people then make an aweosme skin :)
Thanks,
Whaa?? I can't understand your run-on sentence?
quote:
Haven't asked him anything (I don't even know who he is...). Nor have I downloaded his skin.
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
quote:
Well.. Actually I think it's property of Microsoft, not the author of another skin. Despite that, I would still ask that skin-author if I had his permission to include it into a similar skin.
We need permission to compete? I never knew Pepsi asked Coca-Cola when they release their product...(lol.)
Well I should be emailing him soon...but does he actually have the right to stop me?

Oh, and for Jimbo and other future wanna be 8.5 testers, I think I want to do an 8.1 one first for the sake of me being able to get through a full version faster (I already have a lot of code finished for 8.1.). Plus, it will avoid conflict with ugosan's skin temporarily...
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Phillip on 01-23-2008 at 07:13 AM

He has no right to stop you from using a public image.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Basilis on 01-23-2008 at 02:51 PM

Anyway, I think it is a nice skin. Ugosan had made a mistake you didn't do. His toolbars were awful, but yours are just transparent so the real image appears without being stretched.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Phillip on 01-23-2008 at 02:56 PM

From the screenshot it looks like your corners need fixing on the Sign in window.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nathan on 01-23-2008 at 05:19 PM

It looks nice, but whats with the fetish of vista skins?

Anyway, does the background image get stretched if you resize the image?

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-23-2008 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
From the screenshot it looks like your corners need fixing on the Sign in window.
Yea I know...I can't seem to find it though...
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Anyway, does the background image get stretched if you resize the image?
Yes it does. To me, it stretches pretty well, so it should be okay.
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nathan on 01-23-2008 at 09:12 PM

I know of a way, where the background will be static, so when your resize it's just positioned to the right/left/top/bottom of the box :)

This way it looks better :)

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-23-2008 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
I know of a way, where the background will be static, so when your resize it's just positioned to the right/left/top/bottom of the box :)

This way it looks better :)
I have thought of doing it with UMargins, but the problem is that different people  have different preferences over the dimensions of their Messenger. Some prefer very tall and very skinny, some prefer it like a square...the way with just plain stretching is simpler, and less coding for me to do :P

Oh and never mind about working with 8.1. It's just too different.
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nathan on 01-23-2008 at 10:11 PM

Yeah, well if they do like it tall and skinny, then some of the bg gets cut off, thats much better than when you have a huge maximized msn where the bg is stretched

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by blessedguy on 01-26-2008 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
quote:
That one is not propertie of microsoft...I also used that one, it's from a pack with 6 walpapers, 3 with and 3 without logo...I don't think you have to ask someone to let you use that Bg since that image is really becoming really common...

Edit: fix your corners plz...I don't know wich one is the login screen border, but it is one of these:

Nice skin, by the way! I really want to test it!
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-27-2008 at 04:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Edit: fix your corners plz...I don't know wich one is the login screen border, but it is one of these:
Well it's none of them. I have all three (except 20062, which is 20853 in 9.0 I believe) and link to the same image.
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Nice skin, by the way! I really want to test it!

lol I think it might take me a little bit more time cause I'm just tired of looking at the line after line of text...I'm aiming for this to be out before Family Day. And the fact that I wish somebody would answer: Nagamasa's reply to [?] Change Toast text colour...
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-30-2008 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Make the contact list background transparent. Then it'd be sexy :D!

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80...d=875517#pid875517

Then it'd look hawt.

Done.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=885212]
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by aNILEator on 01-31-2008 at 01:02 AM

honestly I don't like it, it seems a one image 'wonder' but it has persuaded me to continue with my own skin Vistafy so congratulations :)

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-31-2008 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
honestly I don't like it, it seems a one image 'wonder' but it has persuaded me to continue with my own skin Vistafy so congratulations :)
well there is a second image, but it's only for the other windows because the "default" one will be I will have the change the colour of all the text, and add a Style and Definition file for every window...so I chose a simpler one that I can just do with SkinInfo.xml.

Just my two cents of stubbornness (and braindeadness).

The whole intention of my skins was to create a better Vista skin for Plus! Live Messenger that the ones currently in existence.

Oh and also for the conversation window, do you like it better with the shadow there or if it wasn't there?
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Chaosblade on 01-31-2008 at 05:13 AM

Hmmm, I tried getting this skin 'cause it looked shiny and stuff (Wheee~ Shiny is good), but it said my version of MSN was incompatible. But I have 8.5. 0-o

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-31-2008 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaosblade
Hmmm, I tried getting this skin 'cause it looked shiny and stuff (Wheee~ Shiny is good), but it said my version of MSN was incompatible. But I have 8.5. 0-o
I think you're getting mixed up between skins. Mine is NOT released yet. The one on the Skins Database is by ugosan. Please contact him for details.
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Chaosblade on 01-31-2008 at 03:53 PM

Oh yeah, I am. Haha, sorry about that...^_^"

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Basilis on 01-31-2008 at 06:13 PM

Please can you tell me how you made the contact list transparent? I have asked many people but none of their methods worked for me.

RE: RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by vikke on 01-31-2008 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Please can you tell me how you made the contact list transparent? I have asked many people but none of their methods worked for me.
A quick forum search gave me this result:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79...d=885366#pid885366
(search for "transparent" without the quotes)
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Basilis on 01-31-2008 at 07:01 PM

What is that supposed to mean? I have seen people creating skins with transparent background but when I tried what they told me, it didn't work. So I am asking the last person I know with transparent background and I hope he will help me. The thread you pointed me is a thread that I have read at least 3 times in order to find what I wanted.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by vaccination on 01-31-2008 at 07:38 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79...d=885398#pid885398

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by vikke on 01-31-2008 at 07:56 PM

I don't see what's wrong if I help you instead of the skin creator? So I posted a link to a post that described how to do it.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Basilis on 01-31-2008 at 08:12 PM

Thank you for trying to help me but as you had seen I had posted in this thread so that means that I have read it. Thanks anyway.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by vikke on 01-31-2008 at 08:53 PM

I'm sorry. I didn't read it through.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 01-31-2008 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Please can you tell me how you made the contact list transparent?
I read through this: How do I make a picture go across the whole contact list?!
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by blessedguy on 02-06-2008 at 01:38 PM

Nagamasa...why don't you make the contact search bar transparent, as the contact list??
You can find how to do that here:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80913

You could also add boolvals to make transparent an option...I don't think everyone would like their contacts lists always transparent.
Hmmm...and try also to hide the tabs separators, they look a bit ugly.
Keep up the good work.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Dane on 02-11-2008 at 11:54 PM

I like this skin, and if it will be 9.0 compatible (which it seems like it will be), I will use it for sure.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 02-12-2008 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
I like this skin, and if it will be 9.0 compatible (which it seems like it will be), I will use it for sure.
Yes it is. I've pretty much finished the 9.0 stuff, so if you want it, you can just PM me your email. :P

It's the 8.5 stuff that is wasting my time...(and the fact that I'm getting lazy :P)
RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Auph on 07-03-2008 at 01:32 PM

The download is unavailable in the website.

RE: [Preview] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Basilis on 07-03-2008 at 01:51 PM

It is no longer available on its own. It is merged in another skin now and here it is:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/45-Life-of-Vista/