What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger PowerPlus

Messenger PowerPlus
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger PowerPlus
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
"Messenger PowerPlus" and Messenger Plus! aren't compatible with eachother.
did you tested it? That's dodgy, 'cause plus works fine, so powerplus is doing weird things :P
Yep, I tested... Powerplus takes the upperhand, no trace of Messenger Plus when PowerPlus is loaded (even not a recovery window).
quote:
quote:
Microsoft does support "Messenger PowerPlus
why would M$ do that? If powerplus is just an addon like plus, why doesn't M$ support plus (just as an example)?
beats me... you can see it on the Korean MSN Messenger site: http://messenger.msn.co.kr/ ...
quote:
What are the features of powerplus (appart from the animated dps and skinning?
As far as I can see, appart from that... nothing... It doesn't realy supports skinning though, but it skins the MSN Messenger completely, things got moved to different places, added buttons, and some other stuff. It's not that you can apply your own skin (without reshacking of course). But it does the skinning in memory (soft-patching), which is interesting...
quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
quote:
send his own animated display pictures. (I'm not sure of this, it could well be done via P2P)
Hmmm seems to me this could be used for alot, if i remember right the P2P is built into MSN Messenger (I think i read that on games.mess.be some where). Hmmm could be used to send lots of things e.g. sounds maybe :-/ Who knows :) Anyway m probably wrong.
You don't build in P2P (point-to-point)... I mean, it is not something like the MSN protocol. P2P is a term used to say that an application makes direct contact to another application without the use of extra servers/services/etc... This differs from the MSN protocol, which needs servers to operate. (I'm proberly explaining it not too well, but blah).
MSN Messenger can use P2P to send files. This means the files will be send directly to your contact without the use of another server. What I was trying to say was that maybe the sending of images isn't done via the MSN protocol (like with the normal DP's) but P2P. But this was an old statement anyway, I'm more sure it doesn't send the images at all, but only a number/index, just like the Audiator plugin. So the image itself isn't send, but the "name" of the image. This also means that you aswell as your contact needs the same pictures to see what your contact has set as his picture...
quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
quote:
* Both parties (you and your contact) need "Messenger PowerPlus" to see the animated display pictures.
Yeh thats often with things like this and anoying, seems to me ill stay with Plus! :)
Yep, and the reason is simple: The animated Display pics are PowerPlus' own system, which has nothing todo with MSN Messenger...

Note: WDZ posted an interesting link to an article about WisePost, the creators of PowerPlus: Interesting article about PowerPlus:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ktitplaza+wisepost (click on CACHED version, since the page is down)

This post was edited on 04-08-2004 at 03:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-08-2004 03:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 06:46 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 06:49 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 07:02 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 07:06 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 07:27 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by Choli on 04-07-2004 at 09:37 PM
RE: RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-08-2004 at 03:08 PM