What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester

Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester
BlackStar, nice find... never encountered such a file. And I assume Patchou or the other beta-testers didn't either, so (Y)...

You will get the same msgbox (msgbox 1 in the picture) when the filename is too long. But since this is a messagebox, I assume not much can be done about it. I mean, a keystroke can be send to close it, or even to close it and then choose "save as", but it still would require the users input. Both messageboxes can even appear one after the other...

The same goes for when you recieved a file for the first time and you didn't set a virusscanner to check it or something. A msgbox will popup to warn you (msgbox 2 in the picture).

But all this said, it shouldn't fail the file upload though...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=313765]

<offtopic-ish>
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
While I'm here, how does it work with virus scanners?
The virusscan is initiated after the file has been downloaded. The file is send to the scanner, from there on it is in the hands of the scanner. So this doesn't interfair with the autoaccept or anything at all. It just works like it should work (unless it is a the first time that you've received a file and you didn't set a virusscanner, see above)
</offtopic-ish>

.png File Attachment: msgboxes_filesend.png (22.4 KB)
This file has been downloaded 263 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-27-2004 at 07:56 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2004 07:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester - by BlackStar on 09-26-2004 at 07:20 PM
RE: Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester - by RaceProUK on 09-27-2004 at 07:11 AM
RE: Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester - by CookieRevised on 09-27-2004 at 07:19 AM
RE: Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester - by Patchou on 09-27-2004 at 09:19 AM
RE: Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester - by BlackStar on 09-27-2004 at 10:12 AM
RE: Auto Accept Missing Rename Requester - by CookieRevised on 09-27-2004 at 03:24 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: