What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program.

Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program.
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program.
quote:
Originally posted by Bomber2k
Please remove the automatic installation of 'aditional software'. All we want is Plus! and I know that you must make money... but there must be another way.
No there isn't atm. Patchou have explained this many many times before why he choosed for this approach, search the forums.

quote:
If I were coding a anti-spyware program, i'd put Plus! on the list of spyware.
The sponsor is not spyware, it is adware! Huge difference there!! You might want to check up on the difference before you attempt to write such a program. Furthermore, it is the sponsor which is adware, not Plus!

quote:
People don't like spyware, no one does. You're trying to get money the wrong way!!! I doubt if LOP actually makes much either.
It gives him enough to live on and to develop Plus! further. Also, the wrong way? May I ask you a question? Did you pay for every piece of software on your PC (including all your downloaded songs)? I doubt it....

quote:
Plus, LOP is almost impossible to get rid of. You can't easily kill some of its many processes (lol i know, Linux > Windows in this respect), so how is someone to remove this junk?
The sponsor is very easly uninstalled if you simply uninstall Plus!. And that would only take less then 5 minutes to do.

quote:
It's like a virus! Adaware DOES NOT REMOVE IT!
It is nothing like a virus! Ad-aware doesn't remove it because Ad-aware is only a tool to track _some_ adware. Ad-ware isn't the holy grale. How can 1 program know every possible kind of adware/spyware and know how to exactly remove things? If such things were possible then Windows would not need a software-panel to uninstall programs. And programs would not need a uninstall procedure.

It strikes me that so many people trust software like ad-aware to completely uninstall things, while the logic and proper way is to execute the uninstall procedures of the program in question (and yes, that goes even for most adware! Yes, they even have uninstallers which completely remove the adware! So why is it so unlogic to use that once you found the adware?????????).....

quote:
Also, someone might not be able to read English very well, and would install the spyware unkowingly! Perhaps they don't read it?
That's why the first paragraph of the sponsor agreement, and the whole setup (including the options to choose from) are translated when you install Plus! in another language!!

quote:
PATCHYOU, DO YOU USE THE SPYWARE PROGRAM YOURSELF?
I bet you don't.
Yes he does use the searchbar!

quote:
The spyware could actually be classed as a virus.
Get your facts strait.
1) it is adware...
2) adware is not spyware
3) spyware is not a virus
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-30-2004 11:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by XM4ST3RX on 09-27-2004 at 03:36 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by Chrono on 09-27-2004 at 03:40 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by Patchou on 09-27-2004 at 03:44 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by XM4ST3RX on 09-27-2004 at 03:45 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by lopardo on 09-27-2004 at 03:49 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by RaceProUK on 09-27-2004 at 06:50 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by Fred Greg on 09-28-2004 at 09:56 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by TheDude on 09-28-2004 at 02:44 PM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by Anubis on 09-28-2004 at 03:21 PM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by reisyboy on 09-28-2004 at 03:43 PM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by saralk on 09-28-2004 at 08:12 PM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by Fred Greg on 09-29-2004 at 03:17 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by Bomber2k on 09-30-2004 at 11:30 AM
RE: RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by CookieRevised on 09-30-2004 at 11:55 AM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by BEWARE^^ on 09-30-2004 at 08:17 PM
RE: Patchou - Optional Sponsor Program. - by Patchou on 09-30-2004 at 09:07 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: