What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Preference Security

Preference Security
Author: Message:
phily

O.P. RE: Preference Security
ya stuart, that could be a good idea, but I don't know if that would really help. Chaotic may be onto something with the remote users credentials thing. When she does log in remotely, she does log in with my account. So its the same account, but a different session. It's just weird how when she logs in remotely, she's not prompted for a password when she go to Plus! > Preferences on a msn window thats not signed in, but when I do that I am.

Last time I checked preferences were stored by email in the registry. And when you sign in those values are loaded in, right?

What I'm not entriely sure about is when you go into preference in a msn window thats not signed in, under what does that get saved?? Would that be like the system preferences?? Because it seems when I do log into my account, the system preferences took priority over my account preferences. Get what I mean? It could be as simple as coding account preferences to take priority over system preferences.

If you go into HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2, you will see all the accounts, and then "Nobody". I'm guessing nobody is the system preferences.

Anyways, I think that simpliest thing would be to just disable preferences unless you are signed in. That would solve all the problems. I really don't see the point of being able to access preferences without being signed into your msn account to begin with. I dunno, what do you guys think?
10-23-2004 08:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Preference Security - by phily on 10-21-2004 at 10:40 PM
RE: Preference Security - by Chrono on 10-21-2004 at 11:33 PM
RE: Preference Security - by Concord Dawn on 10-22-2004 at 03:50 AM
RE: Preference Security - by stuartbennett on 10-22-2004 at 07:02 AM
RE: Preference Security - by phily on 10-23-2004 at 08:37 AM
RE: Preference Security - by saralk on 10-23-2004 at 10:53 AM
RE: Preference Security - by CookieRevised on 10-25-2004 at 01:50 PM
RE: Preference Security - by phily on 10-26-2004 at 10:02 PM