What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock

Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock
Author: Message:
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock
I found a bug with the Boss Protection and Messenger Lock features, check this out.

Step by step example:
  • Sign in into Messenger, go to Plus! > Preferences > Privacy Protection.
  • Make sure "Enable the Boss Protection feature" is checked, there's a shortcut assigned, and the "Status while hiding" is something like Busy.
  • Click OK to save Plus settings.
  • Set your status to Appear offline.
  • Press the Boss Protection shortcut. As you now are "Busy", your contacts can see you.
I think MsgPlus shouldn't change the user status if the current status is Appear offline, as this mode is different from other statuses.

Also, with StuffPlug's polygamy option enabled, I opened two Messenger instances, signed into two different accounts, and set the same Boss Protection and Messenger Lock shortcuts.
Calling the shortcuts worked fine, both instances were hidden. But if I disable Boss Protection and Messenger Lock in one of the accounts, then it stops working for both of them.

OK, I hope everything I explained is understandable :P

See you,
lopardo.

BTW, Patch, how do you mute Messenger's sounds while the user is in Boss Protection mode? It's interesting for a plugin I'm making. :)

This post was edited on 06-25-2005 at 06:13 PM by lopardo.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
06-25-2005 06:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by lopardo on 06-25-2005 at 06:13 PM
RE: Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by CookieRevised on 06-25-2005 at 06:54 PM
RE: Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by RaceProUK on 06-25-2005 at 07:01 PM
RE: Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by lopardo on 06-25-2005 at 07:36 PM
RE: RE: Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by CookieRevised on 06-25-2005 at 07:48 PM
RE: Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by Sunshine on 06-25-2005 at 08:06 PM
RE: Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by lopardo on 06-25-2005 at 08:07 PM
RE: Bug in Boss Protection and Messenger Lock - by CookieRevised on 06-25-2005 at 08:29 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: