What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I got hacked! My MSN!

I got hacked! My MSN!
Author: Message:
XVNTF

O.P. RE: I got hacked! My MSN!
I tried it, but it doesnt work, Step 2 keep repeating..

Hello Xuan-Vinh,

Thank you for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support.  My name is Clemen and I will be assisting you with this issue. First, I would like to apologize for the delay in response to you. We have received an unusually high number of e-mails in the past few days, making it difficult to respond as quickly as we would like.

According to your email, you think you were hacked and you would like for us to give you your password. The error you receive

The following conditions may apply:
- The cached Microsoft Passport Network credentials may be incorrect.
- Your Passport Network account may have expired.
- Your password may be incorrect.
- Your Passport Network account may be blocked because you tried to sign in too many times.

Please try the following steps in the order they appear to help resolve this issue.

1. Verify your Passport Network sign-in credentials:
a. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then visit http://accountservices.msn.com.
b. Click "Sign In." Note that if you are already signed in to the Microsoft Passport Network you will not be prompted to sign in again.
c. Type the user name and password that you are using to sign in to Messenger, and then click "OK."
d. If you are successfully signed in, you will see a "Sign Out" button. Go to step four. If you are not successfully signed in, go to step two.

2. If you receive the following error message, your password may be incorrect or your account may have expired:
"The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please retype the e-mail address and password, or sign up if you haven't already done so."

Note: If you have not used your Hotmail or MSN e-mail address for a long time, your account may be deactivated. To register for a new Hotmail account, visit the following Web site: http://hotmail.com/cgi-bin/register

If the user name for the Passport Network profile that you use with MSN Messenger does not have "MSN" or "Hotmail" after the "@" sign and you have not used the account for more than 365 days, the account may be unavailable. If this problem occurs, visit http://www.passport.net to register for a new Passport Network profile. Click "Sign In," and then follow the steps in the wizard to sign up for a Passport Network profile.

3. Reset your password:
a. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then visit http://accountservices.msn.com.
b. Click "Sign In." Note that if you are already signed in to the Microsoft Passport Network you will not be prompted to sign in again.
c. On the MSN Account Services home page, click "Credentials."
d. Click "Change Password," type the old password, type the new password, and then click "Continue" to save changes. You may be prompted to type a Secret question and answer if you have not already done so. Click "Continue" to update this setting.

4. If you are successfully signed into the Passport Network, proceed to next step. If you continue to have trouble using this account to sign into the Passport Network there could be an issue with your Passport account, please contact Microsoft Passport for assistance at http://support.msn.com. Choose Microsoft Passport Network on the page to submit the support request.

5. Use the correct user ID and password to sign in to Messenger. If Messenger is trying to automatically connect without prompting you to enter your password, you may have saved the incorrect password for automatic log on. To associate the correct sign-in credentials, follow the steps that are appropriate for your version of Messenger.

Messenger 7.5
a. In the MSN Messenger sign-in window, clear the "Remember my password" check box to make the "Password" box available.
b. Type your password in the "Password" box.
c. Select the "Remember my password" check box to store the updated password.
d. Select "Sign me in automatically" to turn on automatic sign-in.

6. If Messenger is not set to automatically sign in, use your e-mail address and new password to sign in to Messenger:

Messenger 7.5
a. In the MSN Messenger sign-in window, clear the "Remember my password" check box to make the "Password" box available.
b. Type your password in the "Password" box.
c. Select "Remember my password" to save the updated password.
d. Click "Sign-in" to save your changes.

7. If you are using MSN Messenger 7.5, try these additional steps:
a. Delete any old files that may be causing a conflict: Click "Start," click "Run," type "cmd," and then click "OK" to open a Command Prompt window.
b. At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after you type each command line:

cd %allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

Note: If any files are in this folder, you will be prompted to confirm the deletion. Press Y to confirm. Otherwise, ignore this information.

cd %appdata%\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

Note: If any files are in this folder, you will be prompted to confirm the deletion. Press Y to confirm. Otherwise, ignore this information.

Xuan-Vinh, I am hopeful that the issue is now resolved. Thanks again for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support. Every customer is valuable to us, and we regret you have experienced difficulties.

Best Regards,

04-29-2006 08:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
I got hacked! My MSN! - by XVNTF on 04-28-2006 at 06:48 PM
RE: I GOT HACKED ! MY MSN! ARjkgfjkashrkjash! - by absorbation on 04-28-2006 at 06:50 PM
RE: I GOT HACKED ! MY MSN! ARjkgfjkashrkjash! - by user27089 on 04-28-2006 at 06:50 PM
RE: I GOT HACKED ! MY MSN! ARjkgfjkashrkjash! - by Voldemort on 04-28-2006 at 06:52 PM
RE: I GOT HACKED ! MY MSN! ARjkgfjkashrkjash! - by absorbation on 04-28-2006 at 06:52 PM
RE: I GOT HACKED ! MY MSN! ARjkgfjkashrkjash! - by John Anderton on 04-28-2006 at 06:53 PM
RE: I GOT HACKED ! MY MSN! ARjkgfjkashrkjash! - by Zahid™ on 04-28-2006 at 06:53 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by XVNTF on 04-28-2006 at 07:17 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by Nathan on 04-28-2006 at 07:19 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by Zahid™ on 04-28-2006 at 07:20 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by XVNTF on 04-28-2006 at 07:28 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by matty on 04-28-2006 at 08:46 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by XVNTF on 04-28-2006 at 09:21 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by zaher1988 on 04-28-2006 at 09:36 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by Stigmata on 04-28-2006 at 09:38 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by XVNTF on 04-28-2006 at 09:55 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by zaher1988 on 04-28-2006 at 10:07 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by XVNTF on 04-28-2006 at 10:30 PM
RE: I got hacked! My MSN! - by qgroessl on 04-28-2006 at 10:35 PM