What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type?

Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type?
Author: Message:
Groo

O.P. Huh?  Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type?
...Someone told me this exists but I have seen no mention of a plugin like this anywhere (not even sure the protocol supports it)

Thanks!
11-02-2004 06:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type?
Download Stuffplug-NG and then open the convo with them when it notify's you they have opened one, and watch for the user is typing message, providing they havnt patched messenger to shield that from you then you'll know if thier typing.
11-02-2004 06:11 AM
mIzZmEtHoDz

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type?
I have Messenger Discovery, and you can set it to tell you when someone opens a window with you, along with alot of other cool stuff.  New to this so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links on here, but it's easy enough to find on Google.......
11-02-2004 07:17 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
you can post links as long as it isnt advertising, spam or a malicious script e.t.c in this case its fine, your linking to a messenger related program and its related to this topic.
11-02-2004 08:51 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
To the helpers: If you refer people to a program/plugin which can do that, please mention ALL the possebilities. Let the user choose:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=205868#pid205868
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2004 10:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
just asking, the new version of openConvo, which one is it? izzit ver 2.1.0?
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
11-02-2004 01:15 PM
Groo

O.P. RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type?
Thanks everyone!

I installed Stuff & MessengerDiscovery - both are great. However, Stuff has no logging and Discovery only logs to a window (not a file)... As for OpenConvo, I get an error on that one.

Any way to log (to a file) when a contact opens a chat window?

(Maybe i'm asking for too much, but, hey, it's worth a shot) :)
11-02-2004 05:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Groo
Any way to log (to a file) when a contact opens a chat window?
OpenConvo

quote:
Originally posted by Groo
As for OpenConvo, I get an error on that one.
Read the OpenConvo thread, mostlikely you don't have Windows Messenger installed, or you don't have the VB6 components installed. Allt his can be found in the OpenConvo thread.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2004 11:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
eckocomplex

– / Male / –
Right click on the MessengerDiscovery tray icon and select 'Log...' ;).
11-03-2004 03:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: