What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY
Author: Message:
zaidgs

– / Male / –
O.P. plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY
well, before the days of msn7 there was nothing like signing in offline (without patching) in messenger. the way its implemented now in msn7 requires that u specify "offline" before signing-in, and people who rely on automatic signing-in (like me) will not very happy with this new feature.
i think plus can now without changing the exe (sure i cannot be sure) set "offline" (or a chosen status) as default instead of "online"

maybe this better be suggested to microsoft, actually i will do that too.

just consider.
12-04-2004 12:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY
I don't really see any use of implementing the into any software really, Not every one likes this feature, and if its set to default then it may annoy some people quite a bit, why can't you just use the appear offline feature on Messenger 7.0, like most people do. It won't be implemented sorry; for the mere reason that it has no use here.
12-04-2004 02:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GameGuy

I don't see this very useful.

MSN Messenger 7.0 already allows you to sign in as "Offline"....I don't really get the point :S.
[Image: GameGuy-Sig2.jpg]
12-04-2004 04:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
He's not asking Patchou to make a "sign in as Appear Offline" feature, he's asking for there to be an option to sign in as "Appear Offline" when MSN Messenger signs you in automatically. You can set MSN Messenger up so that it signs you in automatically when it is started or when you have an internet connection, what zaidgs wants is to not have it sign in as Online when it signs you in automatically, but to be able to have it sign in as "Appear Offline" (or any other status) when it signs you in automatically. I think it's quite a nice idea but i doubt that Patchou will do it considering he would have to change things in the .exe, which is illegal. So I hope his request at Microsoft gets granted.

Traxor: It could always be implemented as an option (like many things in Plus!), so people who don't like it don't have to use it.

This post was edited on 12-04-2004 at 06:50 AM by John.
[Image: johnsig02.png]
12-04-2004 06:48 AM
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
The problem here though is preferences aren't loaded until one is signed in. So this can't be done in plus, it'd have to be a patch/external program.
12-04-2004 07:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riley

mypreciousmusic.com

hmmz i think it just should remember the last status used when you sign-in .. that wouldn't be too difficult (not using the status when last time signing out like dj-m plugin!)
live for today, 'cause yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come

[Image: lifehouse_400x149_001_copy1.jpg]

My Precious Music
12-04-2004 10:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zaidgs

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY
i think that now in msn7, it will be much easier to set the sign-in offline without changing the exe, because the biggest part of this feature is already implemented in msn7. this feature is meant for msn7.

Jaguar got it right, i set messenger to sign-in automatically and this signs me in as online.

i sent feed-back to microsoft saying:
quote:
Specifying the status before signing-in to msn messenger is a great feature.
The users who use automatic signing-in will not benefit from this feature because the default signing-in status is 'online', so there should be a way to customize this behaviour, such that a customizable default status is set when the messenger signs-in automatically
Thanks for your patience, hope thats this suggestion will be includeded in the final release of MSN messenger 7.0.

honestly, i feel like microsoft doesnot pay attention to suggestion as much as patchou does, thats why i sent this suggestion over here too.

This post was edited on 12-04-2004 at 11:08 AM by zaidgs.
12-04-2004 11:05 AM
Protocol

MSNProxy worked fine until 7.0 Beta. But now it is broken. I would like this feature also.
12-06-2004 08:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaidgs

– / Male / –
today i thought: why not try some vb code .....
it was simple, make a new project, just add to references "messenger api type library", and include this vbcode:
code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim x As New Messenger

x.MyStatus = MISTATUS_INVISIBLE

DoEvents: DoEvents: DoEvents: DoEvents

Unload Me

End Sub

simple and effective, REALLY effective.
if i run this program before the automatic (actually automatic or not) signing-in OR during it, i sign-in as offline.
to further test the legality and reasonability of this code, i uninstalled msn 7.0, and then installed msn 6.2: it DID NOT work out, which means that the code ACTUALLY WORK.
in other words:
this api call now works! well, only for msn7: which is what this topic is all about.
Patchou please try it out, i am pretty sure this feature can be implemented with few lines of code, and without the need for changing the exe, or anything illegal.
Patchou?

[ Note: the label of the pull down menu where u chose your status, will stay "Online", however, when u sign-in, u'll be signed in as "offline" ]

EDIT: can anyone help me make a temorary fix for this problem:
the idea is simple: when begining of signing-in event happens, the above code is run. how can i recieve such an event?

This post was edited on 12-07-2004 at 11:18 PM by zaidgs.
12-07-2004 11:02 PM
zaidgs

– / Male / –
anybody else sees what i see ?!?!
or am i missing something ?!
12-15-2004 11:37 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode