What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0425 Beta Skins

Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
4 votes - 4.25 average   Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0425 Beta Skins
Author: Message:
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0425 Beta Skins

I get a "Could not find offset to match!" error when installing ?!
Please uninstall any skin or mod you have installed. Make sure you are installing the skin on an original unmodified version of MSN Messenger. To have a clean version simply reinstall/repair the original MSN Messenger. The latest version can always be found at http://messenger.msn.com

This post was edited on 04-17-2005 at 05:18 AM by -rafy-.
Rafy.

04-17-2005 05:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Relentless

– / Male / –
Are they compatible with msgplus?
05-01-2005 08:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Relentless

Are they compatible with msgplus?

Is what compatible with msgplus? please be more specific...

Do you mean the skins?
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
05-01-2005 08:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ylwan

They can't be download...
05-07-2005 07:57 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
People, please read the complete threads before posting. Many questions asked lately in this thread are already answered at the beginning...

----

What are skins:
Skins are exactly what the word says: 'skins' (aka 'altered looks'). They 'wrap around' a normal program to make it look different. If you wanna know how MSN Messenger skins can look, then take a look at the previews in the first post of this thread (if the bandwidth allows it)

How to make skins:
You must be very experienced in hex editing and resource editing. If you don't know what that means, then don't even bother thinking about skinning MSN Messenger, it isn't easy.
For more info visit: http://www.messenger-skins.net/

How to install a skin:
First make absolutely sure you have the correct version of the skin. Skins are version dependent. A skin made for 7.0.425 will NOT work on 7.0.605, etc...

Second, make sure you have a clean install of MSN Messenger, thus without any patches (this isn't always needed, but it often is)...

Then follow exactly the instructions given in the installer of the skin or in the 'readme' file that comes with it...

What's the bussiness with those .RAR and .ZIP files:
Those are archives which contain the actual needed files, and you need an archive extractor like WinZip or WinRar to extract the files from it. Also see the first post in this thread.

But tbh, if you don't know what archives are and how to deal with them, then you maybe aren't ready to start fiddling with skins...

I get a "Could not find offset to match!" error
Do as suggested: uninstall any skin or patch you already have installed. Make absolutely sure you are installing the skin on an original unmodified version of MSN Messenger and that you have the correct version of the skin for your MSN Messenger version.

To have a clean unmodified version of MSN Messenger to install your skin on, simply reinstall/repair the original MSN Messenger.

I can't download the skins from the first post in this thread:
JaymachRalTir, the creator of this thread, has already clearly stated several times that his bandwidth on his site, which hosts the skins, is limited and runs out quickly.

You can still try to click on the preview link to see if it will take you to another site. Some listed skins in the first post have screenshots on their own official site and thus are linked to there. In that way you can browse the official site for that skin and find an installer for the skin if available...

Other sources for skins are:
* http://www.msnthemes.com/?act=skinmgr
* http://www.rolandunderg.net/skins.php
* http://www.messenger-skins.net/

Threads on this forum:
* "Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 6.2.0137 Skins"
* "Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0425 Skins"
* "Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins"

Always keep an eye on the version numbers of the skins; each skin is made for a particular msn messenger version!

Also note that the skins listed in this thread are outdated and not for the latest MSN Messenger.

This post was edited on 05-12-2005 at 05:36 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-07-2005 10:34 AM
Ylwan

Grin  RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0425 Beta Skins
You  are so kind,thanks a lot!
05-10-2005 02:32 AM
Punk_Rocker09

Undecided  RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0425 Beta Skins
Hey,

Can anyone download any of the skins listed here? I can't.... it says to just click and when I do a new browser window opens and it sayd page can not be displayed. I tried doing the "save target as" and it says can not find file or w/e. SO, is anyone else having trouble or am I just not savvy with how to download?
05-27-2005 08:25 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Punk_Rocker09
Hey,

Can anyone download any of the skins listed here? I can't.... it says to just click and when I do a new browser window opens and it sayd page can not be displayed. I tried doing the "save target as" and it says can not find file or w/e. SO, is anyone else having trouble or am I just not savvy with how to download?

Try reading the post just above by CookieRevised.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I can't download the skins from the first post in this thread:
JaymachRalTir, the creator of this thread, has already clearly stated several times that his bandwidth on his site, which hosts the skins, is limited and runs out quickly.

You can still try to click on the preview link to see if it will take you to another site. Some listed skins in the first post have screenshots on their own official site and thus are linked to there. In that way you can browse the official site for that skin and find an installer for the skin if available...

Also check the end of his post for other threads about MSN Messenger skins.

Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 6.2.0137 Skins

Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0425 Skins

Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins

Make sure you download a skin for the correct version of MSN Messenger that you are running.

This post was edited on 05-27-2005 at 08:36 PM by Zephyr.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-27-2005 08:33 PM
pitsrus74

Ok I'm having a hard time and need help. I found all your skins for the msn beta version but can't download any of them. Why is it that every one I click on say's page cannot be displayed??? Love msn but hate the look of it and am getting really frustrated!! Please help.
06-11-2005 04:40 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by pitsrus74
Ok I'm having a hard time and need help. I found all your skins for the msn beta version but can't download any of them. Why is it that every one I click on say's page cannot be displayed??? Love msn but hate the look of it and am getting really frustrated!! Please help.

The people that host them have moved the files. Get the new version of msn and download the 813 skins. :P
06-11-2005 04:57 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: