What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » saving flash files

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
saving flash files
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: saving flash files
quote:
Originally posted by wolfenstein
thanks for all the help but i still got a problem. I can find the files in my temp folder but when i say go to copy them into another folder then go to play them the message comes up : open with or use the internet. Now i thought no programs where needed......
and the internet will not be used...

The reason why you get that is because every type of file needs a specific program to view/open it with. eg: for GIF files you need a graphics editor/viewer which supports gif files.

For flash files this is just the same. Only most people wont have a standalone flashplayer (free ones do exist though, you'll find them on the net). But what everyone does have is MSIE or another internet browser which does support flash files. So in other words, you can open your saved flash files into your browser. Your browser will read the local flash files, interpret them, and play them. It could well be possible that your Windows calls that "open with or use the internet" when you right click the flash file in Windows, but this is just a name to say: "open it up with MSIE"...

Compare it with GIF files if you like: you can open/view localy saved gif files in your browser. All your browser will do is display them and nothing else...

In short: no internet will be used when you play local flash files (if the flash file itself doesn't contain any links or so of course). But the tool used to play the flash files will be your internet browser., unless you associate the flash files with another program (like a free flash player).

quote:
Originally posted by wolfenstein
i can see 2 files one with the swf and one withg swf.bak or something, anymore help will be appreciated :)
It doesn't have anything todo with flash files in the strict sense; every kind of file can have the extension ".BAK".

The extension ".BAK" usually means that the particular file is a backup copy from the original (or another) file.

If you think it was originaly a flash file, you could try to rename the file from "something.bak" to "something.swf", and open it in your browser to see if it was a flash file or not.

[spam]EDIT: postcount 5555 :P[/spam]

This post was edited on 01-06-2005 at 12:12 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-06-2005 12:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: